stirling/hillfoots

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
anyone around stirling areas??? im moving there end of aug but need some mummy friends! x

I'll be near you but I'm not a mummy I'm afraid... Will you give birth in Stirling?

I'm in Alloa! I liked Stirling Royal when I had Daisy, super busy but there is some lovely midwives there!

thats alright, i am a bit upset to leave my hospital here in london iv had great care there but i dont think theres anywhere else to go, sometiems i get mixed reviews on stirling, some say good some say bad. dont really have a choice tho!! dont think the new one in larbert is open in time, im flat hunting just now in stirling, BORED

I'm in Dollar at the minute, but hope to be moving to our new house in Alloa before the end of the year. Our baby will be born through in Bellshill, because this is a surrogacy pregnancy and the baby will be born in our surrogate's area.

Stirling and the surrounding area is lovely and I hope you are happy here. My niece was born in Stirling Royal and my sister had nothing but praise for the hospital and the midwives. Also I had lots of fertility tests in Stirling, then unfortunately both an ectopic pregnancy and a D&C following the loss of my last IVF baby, and again the staff were exemplary. I hope you have a wonderful experience at SRI.

Im in dollar!!! at my parents till i find a flat. :)

Sorry to hear about your sad news at SRI, but congrats on being getting a baby through surrogacy! Bellshill is not far really,

SRI im sure is nice, i will get to go and see the ward and stuff so im sure it'll be fine. My mum said the girls she works with have given birth there and theyve liked it, i think she probably knows some people who work there aswell. She knows the Health visitors in Dollar who im going to see on wednesday! which is a bit strange!haha!

When does your baby arrive?

Do you mind me asking how old you are?

If you ever fancy a coffe with a 23 single pregnant girl then gimme a shout, Haha,

Hiya ladies.
I'm in Tullibody, so not far from a few of you :)
I'm 21 and 35 weeks pregnant. Quite looking forward to SRI - I've only ever heard good things so fingers crossed it'll be quite a nice stay :)

When are you all due?

Due the 28th of October, one month tomorrow lol!!

oooh not long now!! Are you with the babies dad? do you have your own place? did you go and see SRI yet? I wanna go and see the labour ward but nobodys mentioned anything yet, do they only do it thru the NHS classes??

Yeah I'm with OH, he's getting really excited :)
We've got a 3 bed house so we've been really lucky with the way things have worked out!!
I don't think they do tours of the labour ward or anything anymore. We've been to all our ParentCraft classes, taken by midwives from the hospital, and they said they stopped doing the tours because they were too busy :(
I think it'll just be a wait and see for us! Been there for our scans and stuff but havn't really had a look around anywhere else.

Are you with baby's dad? Have you moved through here yet? Where are you staying?

Apart from the food, SRI has a really good maternity unit! They are always really busy, but lovely.
I was in labour 33 hours so saw a fair few MW's and they were all really nice, especially the trainee ones that monitor you when you go in.

I met a few Doctors afterward because of surgery I had to have and they were all really friendly too.
:D

wow 33 hours!! Ive heard the food isnt great actually.... ill be sure to stock up haha! Are you allowed to take in hot food... say if i was to send someone to go and get something like a mcdonalds :blush: haha! Or even just bring in hot food from home?

I really need to go and see the ward.. im freaking out about giving birth.. Can we request to go??

amy yeah ive been back up here for about a month, Im just staying with my parents for now and will start to properly flat hunt in stirling once baby is about 2 months old, so hopefully i can be out and in my own place before easter. Its handy staying here just now but i dont have a car so im so god dam bored all the time! and theyre all out at school and work.. so all day im just bored!!! I wish i hadnt had to leave my job, but i did. And im glad i did. but im bored!

Not with the FOB but he wants to be in the babies life and come up when he can etc, hes still in London. :thumbup:

I dont know if you can request to go, but it is just like any other hospital ward, honestly!

The birth rooms start off with big beanbags, chairs birthing balls etc and they can turn it into a proper looking hospital room if need be.
You can take your own music in, or they have a radio. I took in my Ipod and docking station. (some hospitals dont let you but SRI does :thumbup:

They have 1 birthing pool and it is first come first served if you were interested in that?

Not sure about the food, probably! I only stayed overnight and passed on breakfast and ate when I got home!

ooh ill take ipod then.. actually ill take my sisters, hers has better music haha!
yeah my friend used the birthing pool there.. i would be keen to use it.. but im also keen on epidural or diamorphine i think.. so i guess i need to make a proper decision. im too scared about birth to think about it... keep putting all the sheets from nct class into a folder and closing it and then putting it somewhere i cant see!!

aaww you will be fine, come the end of your pregnancy you will be begging to go into labour!
Just see how it goes, I wrote a birth plan and the MW's totally stuck to it which I was really pleased about.
You wont know till you are there and going through it! xxx

yeah everyone keeps saying that it wont go as i plan anyway and stuff.. but if i have an idea of what i want then i guess i can be in control more, the teacher today said its a good idea to have short nails so as not to claw or scratch the OH's or husbands etc.. so me and my mum decided it might be a good idea if FOB gets in the room at one point.. haha :rofl: he might just come out bleeding.. haha! nah i dunno, i dont even know who i want in the room, my mums keen to be there, but im not sure if i want her there all the time.. :/ shes taken 3 weeks off work over xmas and ny and due date..

Hi i am 23 living in tullibody with my 4 year old wee boy, am new to this site. Would be nice to chat to other mummys in the area x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->