STIs

Missy86

Family complete
Reaction score
Ok this is a delicate subject but what do you guys think of STIs and ttc

I don't know why it's delicate... but I don't know what an STI is. :shrug: Until I figure that out, I'm totally cool with it! :)

Edit: Sexually Transmitted Infection? If so, depends on what it is. I think most things can be dealt with in ways to protect the baby if they are known very early in the pregnancy. I have a friend who has a happy and healthy baby girl who has HPV... she had to have a C-section because apparently it can possibly blind the baby if birthed vaginally with it, but she's fine. I don't know too many instances of it from my real life, but I don't think STI should preclude someone from being a parent if they can protect their baby. :)

I was only asking cos I have Herpes, I didnt sleep around just got it off a bf who had a cold sore in his mouth.

herpes doesn't affect your ability to conceive. Cold sores are type 1 herpes virus which is less active and dangerous than type 2 which causes genital to genital herpes.
Type 1 usually burns it's self out so doesn't usually cause problems during pregnancy.
Herpes is only really an issue if you get genital herpes for the first time close to birth. Baby will get some of your antibodies across the placenta to protect him; closer to birth there isn't time so baby may need meds, worse case scenario is you have a c section.

If it's worrying you, speak to the GU/sexual health clinic but the bottom line is, it's not too much of a problem,
HTH, hun

Rachael

xxx

Thans hun, its just a bit of a worry plus its still a bit of a taboo subject and I worry that people will think I sleep around

Thans hun, its just a bit of a worry plus its still a bit of a taboo subject and I worry that people will think I sleep around

I know....but it's more common that you think.

If it makes ya' feel any better, I went on my honeymoon in February and came back with a freakin' wart down there. I ran to my dr. and she said "it doesn't mean that your new DH was messing around, it could just be stress or whatever" It's weird cause I had an HPV test last year and it was - so I'm really weirded out about the whole thing.

Anyway, no one needs to know about your situation. It's up to you to tell them and there's no reason for anyone other than your doctor and your OH to know.

My sister is 5 1/2 months pregnant and she has herpes cus her bf DID sleep around (d*ck), but the doctor said its not much to worry about, she hada go get it burnt away, painful!!!

oh that sounds painfull Lizzy and thanks for being honest Bumpycake xx

I have to say when I had my first ep of it I never felt worse in my life. A lot of people have it but dont know apparently, mine sufaced cos I had a bout of food posioning

Hi,

I've never posted on this board (just an addicted lurker) but I feel now is a good time.

I have herpes and a beautiful 3 year old son. My pregnancy was uncomplicated but I did have to have a C-section. My best friend has it as well and she's got 2 healthy kids. She also had C-sections.

It is sad that it is such a taboo subject. I wish more people were informed about it. I mean I had no clue that a "cold sore" was really herpes. If I had known, I would not have genital herpes now.

So many people have it and go on to have healthy babies. Please don't let it scare ya!

i think it is only a slight problem if you actually have an outburst of them before you give birth as in the actual sores then you may need to have a c-section but other than that theres no problem as once you have the herpes virus it lays dorment in your systom and will always be there. i get them on my mouth and if im ill or stressed they come out. so dont worry hun just mention it when you do get pregnant and they will mention it on your notes. x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->