Stitch in side?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ceejie, Nov 18, 2011.

1. ceejie

ceejie Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had this? I have a stitch in my right side right on the side a few inches above my hip bone. It's not super painful, but it is really irritating and constant. No matter what position I am in it doesn't seem to change.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just normal stretching??? :shrug: I'm getting kinda worried.

2. Dantes Mom

Dantes Mom Well-Known Member

I get it if i walk to fast. I would say just normal stretching if your worried ask your midwife at ur next app :) xx

3. faith82

faith82 Mummy of 2 little beauties ❤️

yep i used to get it all the time in my right side, it must be normal. I don't get it anymore, it used to annoy me but i didn't even notice when it stopped lol x

4. zennie

zennie Well-Known Member

I'm almost 14 weeks now and had a stitch in right side last week. Very uncomfortable, had been walking a lot the day I got it. Was gone the following morning and havnt had it since.

5. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

I get it whilst im just SAT there.. I belive it's to do with growing pains :) xxx

6. keepontrying

keepontrying Well-Known Member

Hi hun, the first time i had a kidney infection it started as a stitch like pain so maybe just nipping to the gp for a check up to rule it out. Most kidney infections start with a water infection so be mindful of any symptoms, however not all do and im one of those people that wallop it goes straight to my kidney.

Of course it could just be a stretching pain too but its worth getting checked just in case. good luck x