stitch like pain

sally88

Reaction score
Anyone else experience this, is it normal?? I have had it most of the afternoon and sometimes it gets sharp. It's only really on the left side of my tummy. I had my scan yesterday and all was well but never had this pain before.
My midwife previously said cramps were normal as everything was stretching...she never mentioned stitch pain or sharp twinges...

some people will say its round ligament pain but i cant recall it feeling like stitches or sharp. when my uterus grows it feels like a mild menstrual-crampy feeling and it only lasts for seconds. its not painful at all for me though when it does grow but the higher my uterus rises, the higher i feel it and its no longer down below. sometimes when im walking fast, like power walking in a store, i get a harsh pain down there and it sort feelings like a line of pain rather than a small situated area of pain like with normal cramps. that lasts for seconds too but it makes me almost have to stop walking because it hurts! as long as you aren't bleeding with your cramps i think everything is fine because pregnancy is full of all kinds of cramps

I hope all is well.... I think I can feel it on the right side a very little bit too. It's not ouch painful as such but if I stretch I can defiantly feel it. I guess if I'm more specific it's about and inch to the left of my belly button . Maybe this means I might start getting a proper little bump!!!!

Anyone else experience this, is it normal?? I have had it most of the afternoon and sometimes it gets sharp. It's only really on the left side of my tummy. I had my scan yesterday and all was well but never had this pain before.
My midwife previously said cramps were normal as everything was stretching...she never mentioned stitch pain or sharp twinges...

Yes! I had this on my left side too. I had my scan and everything was okay. The nurse and doctors said it is just pain either from the corpus luteum left over or the baby being there and settling in, she expected things to get more centralized as time went on. Nothing to worry about if your scan was normal :)

I think I am getting these too.

Yesturday I had one on my left side below my rib that felt like a runners cramp...it was a dull pain.

Today and last night I have one on my right side, lower below my bellybutton but above my pelvic bone. This one feels more like a light jab or stab (stitch).

I want to think it is "stretching" but I think it might be too early for that?

I am hoping it is just stretching to, mine has eased off a bit now. Why can't all pregnancies be exactly the same so we no what to expect and what is normal!! Lol

I've been having this too off and on since I found out, used to it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->