STM problems: Does this mean he's dropped?

Tigermom

DS 3yo and 2nd due Oct 29
Reaction score
I know that second-timers don't commonly have that '2-4 week in advanced' drop of their baby that would signal things are on its way. I fully expect to not notice a darned thing until this child is coming out. With DS#1, I went from "a capital 'P' to a lower case 'b'" as my guy friend was kind enough to point out fairly early on.

Here's the deal (pull up a chair, this could take a while:blush:)

My question is that my belly doesn't look distinctively lower (and I've heard if you carry right in the middle, it might not change appearance). It just looks bigger! However, my constant heartburn as diminished. I've gone nights without any trouble. I've also had an increase in my appetite. Almost eating regular-sized meals again and getting hungry more often. Is this a second pregnancy drop?:shrug:

I'm not asking if my son is coming soon. I am fully aware that it's a total guessing game. I'm more curious if this is a second baby "dropping" moment. It's soooooooooo unclear! I figured there might be some STM out there with a similar experience?!?!

Thanks!!!! :thumbup:

Possibly. I engaged at 31wks with DS. This time I went to my 36wk appt and was told I was 2/5 pp. The previous appt there were no indications baby would be engaging any time soon. I did notice at 36wks I was able to eat dinner again but didn't think I looked low but about 37wks I could see the difference in the angle of the bump even if I looked high to everyone else. First time I delivered at 39wks and I'm 39+2 with baby 2, so for me engagement doesn't indicate an imminent delivery.

Very true!

And that's what I am noticing this time around. I am just hungrier and able to eat more, much more comfortably. My bump looks different, but not lower. I guess when you carry in the middle, instead of high, it just looks different.

That's the same with me though, everyone says "oh, you're carrying so high" :haha:

Very possible lo has dropped or at least lowered a bit.

I'm in the same position, where I'm not sure he's dropped, but I still have bad heartburn, and I feel so much pressure on my pelvic area. I already know I'm in very early stages of labor, as I'm dilated and have effacement. But my bump still looks the same. I'm carrying mostly middle as well.

Oh congrats on early labor! It feels good knowing something is happening down there... and It sounds like we are in the same boat. I, too, am dilating and effacing. At last check, my little guy was sitting pretty high, but I was 3cm (1.5 cm further than I was 3 days prior), and 30-40% effaced.

I have to add that in the last few hours, I feel very full pressure in my groin, pubic bone, bladder area. I've peed more than usual (which I didn't think was possible) - about 10 times since I got off work only three hours ago. It is not painful by any means, but he is sitting on my bladder stronger than before. I am getting bolts of lightning every time he moves or I move weird, and they almost cause me to pee my pants :) Joys of pregnancy :haha:

I think I may have answered my own question after I posted with those new changes. While those other things happened slowly over a few days, this sudden change on my bladder with the lightning crotch happened over the last few hours. It's a day and night difference. However, he looks to be in the exact same position from the outside :shrug:

I'll let everyone know after my scheduled visit tomorrow if there has been any change in his position.

Yeah I started having pressure on my pelvic area/bladder and lightening crotch for about a week and a half now. But my bump still looks the same, at least to me, lol.

Yeah I'm 3cm dilated, and about 80% effacement. With DS1 at this time I was only 1cm, and I went a week over with him and had to be induced. I'm sure with this little guy, he'll come soon. Doctors, OH and myself just hope he stays in there for another two weeks.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that swears the baby has dropped but looks *exactly* the same :haha:

Could well be... I was fully engaged yesterday (he pops in and out) and my bump doesn't look any lower. However he must be really because my ribs (which were really painful for weeks) don't hurt at all anymore and havent for some time - I have more discomfort in my pelvis now instead. The capital p, lowercase b made me lol :haha:

At the time, in my first pregnancy, the capital P comment hurt my feelings. :haha: It made me "feel fat" :roll: Oh, the pregnancy hormones! :rofl: Now I realize that he was simply saying "oh, your little one seems to have dropped"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->