Stocking filler ideas

marmaduke

Reaction score
Anyone want to share their ideas/pics for stocking fillers?

I'm finding it harder to find stocking bits (under £5) now that DD is getting older.
It doesn't help that her stocking is huge. (don't really want to change it as it's my childhood stocking)
My stash so far
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_1407_zpscdz4dmia.jpg[/IMG]

The jumbo sized stocking
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0090_zps58c583b1.jpg[/IMG]

my kids love bath bombs. That's all I can think of so far

Socks, toothbrush, pencil case, lip gloss, all sorts of pens, pencils etc. These are the sort of things I loved in my stocking

Bits from smiggle? I've bought a giant spring that was £5, a revolving planet light projector from there, £5, book safe but that was £10.

Story cubes, wallet and headphones (for the plane as we are going away), calculator as he seemed to want one!, not sure what else to get! Some chocolates!

I never put much thought into stocking fillers as usually to distracted by main pressies. We usually do expandable facecloth, toothbrush. Tube sweets. Maybe hotwheels car. This year only thing ive thought of is giant kinder egg as they r obsessed with them at the minute

My kids love washi tape. I buy the 3 packs from the poundshop. DD who is 2 will sit for upto an hour with the stuff and make pictures, same with stickers. DS is the same, he loves pens, pencils, stickers and notebooks. So theirs will have alot of that kind of stuff in. Tooth brushes, and bath bombs aswell. DD will get clips, bobbles headbands, and lip balm . DS will have some shower gel. I'd like to get dd some shower gel but not sure what would be suitable for her skin. That's all iv got so far.

I put the same or similar items in my 9 y/o and 6 y/o son's stockings, usually a mixture of sweets, stationary, toiletries and small toys, this year i have:

Dig your own shark tooth
Modelling clay x 2 packs
Star Wars Light sabre toothbrush
Star Wars Toothpaste
Star wars plasters
Star Wars figure candy dispenser
Stars light up light sabre key ring
Pokémon league badges in box (cost the most at £6 from eBay)
Pokémon plush key ring
Ghostbusters whoopee cushion
Ghostbusters slime set
Nerf gun key ring
Modelling clay-build your own Skylander
Modelling clay-build your own Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
Chattering teeth
Felt tip pens
Bendable pencils
Pencil sharpener shaped like dice
Funny shaped erasers
Hole puncher and stapler set
Tsum Tsum character (Jack Skellington for 9y/o/Sven reindeer for 6y/o)
Giant chocolate coin
Candy cane wreath
Jelly bean factory cup
Santa Babies (Jelly Babies)
Smarties tube
Terrys Chocolate orange
Plush teddy Dan TDM for 6 y/o, Pikachu for 9 y/o

Need to get some socks as I always put some in. Also some Lego mini figures or mixels and a DVD each and possibly another Tsum tsum mini

My twin son and daughter will be 13 months old at Christmas, in their stocking I have got already:

Goldilocks/Gingerbread man plush
Sippy cup from 12 months
Cutlery set
Brush and nail set
Milky bar selection pack
Board book each
Bead maze
Stacking cups
Tambourine
Tsum tsum minis x 3 each

Need to get couple of That's not my ......board books each, socks, tights, bibs, dummies

My boys will have variations on similar themes but as a rough guide:

Some themed bubble bath (ds1 avengers/ds2 minions/ds3 typical boy ish bubbles)
A paint your own dinosaur (ds1/2)
A scratch and reveal dinosaur book (ds1/2)
Christmas novelty book (ds3)
Mini Lego set (ds1)
Christmas activity pack (ds1/2)
Small wooden puzzles (ds2)

They all always have chocolate coins and chocolate Father Christmas. I'm trying to cut down/out on the naff Christmas stuff this year though (for my sake more than anything else I end up throwing it away mid January otherwise!)

Staples of our stockings are:
* Chocolate coins
*New toothbrush and toothpaste (last year I got these cute little animal toppers for their toothpaste which they loved so I'll look for something similar this year)
* Character shower gel/shampoo/bubble bath (something glittery/princessy for DD1 and likely star wars for DS)
* Stationairy- pens/crayons/pencil case/mini sellotape dispenser etc
* A cuddly toy (last year was paw patrol)
* Socks or underwear or slippers
* A bath bomb or fizzing crystals
* Hat/gloves/scarf if needed
* Hair clips/bands for DD1
* Glittery nail varnish (kids one) and nail stickers
* Glitter hair spray

Ooh I don't know, am struggling a bit this year. I'll probably put in the usual toothbrush, magic face cloth, shower gel and chocolate coins. I've also got a teaching watch and will probably get some lego mini figures but after that I'm stumped

Tiger has lots of fun little bits, I think we'll be heading there for a lot of our stocking fillers this year.

So far for dd (will be 3yr 7mth) I have a minnie mouse tervis, bracelets and lip gloss from Claire's.

I intend to add: toothbrush, socks, panties, pens and pencils, notebook.

Some great ideas here, can I ask do you bother with wrapping the fillers?

Surprise eggs pretty cheap in b&m and habs home bargains

My daughter would love all that stuff in the stocking:

I will be getting her lip gloss, mini nail varnish, sleep mask [her request lol], pens and smiggle stuff, gloves, hat, calculator [another random request] mini lava lamp, couple craft sets and now I have just goggled washi tape [never heard of that before] she will be getting some of that [thanks]

My son who is 4 I am stuck on, so far he has foot bubbles and that is it! he is mad into football so will get some mini figures and hacky sack type balls etc.

Thanks for all the ideas, I've been out stocking shopping this morning and found a few bits in Wilkinsons & home bargains.
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_1411_zpsz9zfxuhz.jpg[/IMG]

We put the following in our stockings:
Shampoo
Hair brush
Elastics/headbands/hair clips
Toothbrush and tooth paste
Nail Polish
Lip gloss
Body wash
Deodorant (DH and mine)
Shaving cream (DH and mine)

We don't wrap our stocking filters but wrap all of our other presents.

So far for stockings i have ...

Minion glasses each
Tmnt crayons each

They will get one of the same thing but a different design/character
- hot wheels
-socks
- toothbrush
- bathbomb
-flannel
- lego minifigure
- undies
- sweets

Not decided on the rest so far

My DD also has a huge stocking (bigger than your one, its one of those big personalised ones!)

Seemed like a great idea last year in my post partum state.

I'm going to bulk it out with that shredded tissue paper stuff. Growing up a stocking was never a big thing for us, mainly just toiletries, little makeup sets, stationary and sweets. I don't plan on spending more than maybe £20-£30 in total on the stocking (including underwear and a small toy, and a nightlight for her room)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->