Stocking fillers?

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
So I have a 5 and 2 year old. I love stockings and were my favourite thing to open as a child. However I don't want to fill it with loads of rubbish. Can you help me with stocking filler ideas? X

Ha ha mine are always filled with rubbish!!

I try to get mine:

a little art and craft gift (last year my oldest two had some fancy glitter glue sets, this year my youngest two have got mini paw patrol drawing sets)
Some toiletries even though they are only young
Some Christmas socks
Usually one tacky Christmas present (they've had flashing snow globes, giant Christmas pencils, singing Christmas straws etc)
A decent but just smallish present (ds1 had a scooby doo puzzle last year that came in a bag rather than a box so was pretty small, ds2 has had matching pairs card games etc)

They do have more but it just depends what I see at the time in shops

I normally get the girls some blind bags/mashems. Socks, chocolate coins, toothbrush, bath foam, pens/pencils, stickers, little playmobil box. They are obsessed with blind bags so they always go down well.

I'm trying not to fill them with crap this year. No idea what to give my 5 year old but for my 3 year old I have the Moana soundtrack and will probably pop in some chocolate and bubbles as she loves them.

I always pop in

some bubble bath
new brush
Bobbles
One of those multi colour pens she is obsessed with
A kids nail Polish and file
Chocolate coins
A tangerine lol
Lip balm

And this year I'll add a couple more jojo bows

Xxx

This year we have:

Beauty and the beast make up bag
Tsum tsum make up set
Minnie mouse notebooks
Little kingdom princess figures x 3
Twozies set
Genie Girls and teenie Genies
A few blind bags
Chip Purse
Jojo bow
Lego brikhead Batgirl
LOL and LOL lil sister doll
Trolls poppy keyring set
Chocolate coins
Satsuma
£2 coin

Ive spend more on the stocking this year but its all things she wants and loves and at least it will all get played with.

A few things Ive put in before and lo has loved:
Bubbles
Watercolour set
Tubs of playdough
Flashing toothbrush & toothpaste
Hotwheels cars
Wooden train
Satsuma
Gold coins
Blind bags - thomas minis or lego
Magic facecloth
Bubble bath
Bathbombs from Lush
Character socks
Powerball
Facepaint set

Gracie is only going to be two, although it will be her third Christmas, and I stupidly bought her quite a large stocking as a newborn (her first Christmas photo is her inside the stocking at 10 weeks old ...)

I do "clues" for a main present in with the normal stocking stuff. This is what we got when we were younger. So if we got a bike we might get elbow and knee pads, those things for on spokes etc.

Dds main present is going to either be a dolls cradle and pram, or a play kitchen. So if we go with the dolls things we will get her doll related stocking fillers like a bottle, maybe clothes for her doll, doll nappies and such like. If we get her the kitchen we will do toy food and maybe an oven glove or similar. Or a personalised apron.

Aside from that we put the usual things in:
-Bath things
-Magic facecloth
-Socks
-Crayons/Pens
-Small soft toy
-Chocolate coins
-A purse or something as she loves going through mine
-A small ball (we go through lots of these because of the dog)
-Hairbrush/bobbles
-Books
--Small toys (last year and year before were easy for small cheap toys tbh, I'm struggling this year!)

My plan for this year is:

Blindbags/mashems
Mini POP figure
Toothbrush/toothpaste
A small book
Chocolate
Gift card for her favourite restaurant (we pay for her meals anyway obviously but I think she'll like having her "own" money to spend there)

I have a different problem, I always fill mine with bigger stuff. If it costs less than $30 and I can squeeze it in it goes into the stocking. :haha: I need to buy cheaper stocking fillers. I'll get my husband a $25 glass paperweight and he gets me gum. :haha:

I have a different problem, I always fill mine with bigger stuff. If it costs less than $30 and I can squeeze it in it goes into the stocking. :haha: I need to buy cheaper stocking fillers. I'll get my husband a $25 glass paperweight and he gets me gum. :haha:

I've got the same problem with my partners stocking - last year I spent about £100 on his stocking despite £100 being our total budget and me having already spent £120 on his main present! And the stocking didn't even look anything special either. I got him two Xbox games, a personalised engraved keyring, a toothbrush, and two air fresheners for the car!

We do fresh and fried fruits, a few lollies, juice boxes, toothpaste and toothbrush (Santa promotes good oral health in this house), few Hot Wheels, bubble mixtures, mini cereals (DS2 actually asked Santa the year before for his own cereal :haha:), undies, socks, soaps etc. But the kids have discovered Chatter Rings. Hubby's cousin still has his from when he was a kid so they have gotten hooked on those so we will probably stick one in their Santa Sacks as well.

We include:
Glitter hairspray
Lipbalm (DS is obsessed with lipbalm at the moment so that should help bulk his out!)
Bubble bath/shampoo/body wash
Bath bomb
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Magic flannel
Nail varnish
Hair bits for DD's 1&2 (I might add some hair clay for DS)
Socks and underwear if they need any :haha:
Chocolate coins

And then whatever little things I find for them; I've got a magic 8 ball, Lego tape and stationary bits for DS, DD2 will have some toy animals and I'm not sure about DD1 yet.

As a base i do
Bubble bath
Flannel
Toothbrush
Socks
Some form of sweets/chocolate
Stationary

Then the rest is whatever bits i find usually pound shops/home bargains/ bnms etc.
Blind bags
Hot wheels
Play dough pots
Keyring

We include:
Glitter hairspray
Lipbalm (DS is obsessed with lipbalm at the moment so that should help bulk his out!)
Bubble bath/shampoo/body wash
Bath bomb
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Magic flannel
Nail varnish
Hair bits for DD's 1&2 (I might add some hair clay for DS)
Socks and underwear if they need any :haha:
Chocolate coins

And then whatever little things I find for them; I've got a magic 8 ball, Lego tape and stationary bits for DS, DD2 will have some toy animals and I'm not sure about DD1 yet.

What is the lego tape please?

Last year I put these in for DD's and ages at the time.

DD1 (5)
MLP ballet slippers
Shopkins socks
Bouncy light up glitter ball
Selection box
Stickers
Santa chocolate lolly
Shopkins nail varnish

DD2 (1.5)
Peppa ballet slippers
Peppa socks
Bouncy light up glitter ball
Selection box
Stickers
Small wooden shapes puzzle
Reindeer chocolate lolly

Every year we so socks, chocolate coins and a scratch card for each member of the family (even kids :haha: ) and the past three years for Tegan we've done blind bags like ooshies/shopkins. I also tend to go to Tesco and get a couple of things from the party bags section

Stocking fillers for the kids (son and nephews) from me are always pants and socks, a whole bundle of sweet treats (whatever they're into plus a selection box) all wrapped together so it all falls out when they open it, and some small crappy toy or other like mashems or the little surprise packets. That all probably costs about a tenner and helps to bulk things out and give them more stuff to open.

My eldest will be 4.5 at Christmas. I found some Wilko own brand lego, the small boxes for 50p, the other day (though they're good value full price). I've got him a couple of them. He'll also have a foam soap thing for playing with in the bath (he had one for his birthday and completely loved it!!). He'll have chocolate coins and a satsuma. Otherwise, I'm not 100% sure yet. He has a massive stocking (which I totally love so not trading in for a smaller one), but have found in the past I've filled it with too much junk so trying to be a little more selective this year. Possibly some art stuff and maybe a cd (he's getting a CD player as one of his main gifts.

For the youngest, who will have just turned 1.....I don't have a clue! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->