Stocking the freezer

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

Having a bit of a trauma. Having a new kitchen fitted at the mo but delays mean we might not have a working cooker and floor until I'm 39.5 weeks pregnant. With my dd I made lots of meals for the freezer, chilli, pasta bake that sort of thing. I'm thinking now it ain't gonna happen this time but I want to stick my freezer with healthy easy meals somehow. I'm happy to pay a bit but don't want nasty plastic microwave meals :( also need some for my dd who is 3.
Any ideas???

Thanks a xxx

Slow cooker meals would be perfect. You can look up a lot of freezer slow cooker meals and get a bunch of ideas there.

I was also going to suggest assembling slow cooker bags which you can stick in the freezer. You just chop all the ingredients and put it all in a bag and it's ready to dump in the slow cooker. I did some of those when I filled up my freezer last time as well.

You could also see if a friend or family member would like to do a freezer cooking session together with you (in their kitchen) and share the goodies. My friends and I do freezer cooking sessions from time to time and share what we made at the end so we end up with a lot of variety.

Another idea is to stock your pantry with easy meals such as dried pasta and jarred sauce, etc... that are quick to make and anyone could throw together in a few minutes.

If you think of some meals please let me know what you decided so it gives me more ideas too! :)

I'm going to be planning my freezing cooking session this week but I also want to have some easy stuff for DS because he's always starving straight after school and there might be nights where me and OH just want to get him sorted and have something later. I'm planning on chopping up son veg like peppers, onions and courgettes to freeze so that I could make him some simple pasta with tomato sauce. I'm also planning on having some of the Little Dishes dinners in the freezer for him, we get them very occaisionly and he likes them and they're not full of crap so I figure it's better than chicken nuggets etc.

You could buy some bags of mixed frozen veg to put with jars of sauces and pasta or rice. Tesco do chargrilled Mediterranean veg, stir fry veg etc. you can also cool these up with some mince and a bit of stock and pop some mashed potato on top for a cottage pie. May be a bit basic but it'll be quick and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->