Stomach ache/ low pain

EmmySocks

Reaction score
Hi i'm 8wks. I've just started getting really horrible sudden stomach cramps a bit like period pains. I've had them all week on and off lasting for about 20 minutes a time. I think i feel worse about it because i'm unsure why they're so umcomfortable and similar to period pain. Midwife was a bit vague about it and just said to only worry if i start bleeding and then to phone her or go to a&e.

I asked my friend who has a couple of kids and she said she'd had it before but obviously had a successful pregnancy. Says it's probably just my uterus and stomach muscles stretching. (but i dont look amy different yet)

Anyone got any ideas? Agree with friend or think i should pursue midwife about it? If it is normal - what did can i do to ease the pain?

I had this with this pregnancy at around 9-10 weeks for about 2 weeks on and off. I did then have a light bleed at 10 weeks. But baby was fine and they couldn't find the reason for the bleed.

I just took it super easy those days trying to lie down as much as I could. I found that it really helped with the cramping.

But it can also be totally harmless and just ligament stretching pains!!

I've had them with both pregnancies now - probably just our bodies getting geared up for the pregnancy. :)

Some light exercise usually helps me, oddly enough!

ah thanks - i've since read it's because in the last few weeks baby has grown so much and uterus has stretched so much (and it's not used to it so it's a bit like if you over-stretch any other body part) I can't believe how uncomfortable it is! sometimes it is just like muscle cramp but i can't un-cramp it. Have tried to just continue as usual with it. Might try some planned light exercise to see if that helps but as it's the weekend - if i get it tomorrow i'm crashing out on the sofa until it goes! xxxx

1totally normal. Around 14 weeks it'll come back with a vengeance!

I had this yesterday EmmySocks and was worried. I'm 9wks 2days. Didn't help that my morning sickness didn't rear it's ugly head either... Pains gone today and morning sickness returned-oh joy! Glad it's normal though.
Thanks Nerdy for the heads up re week 14. At least now know not to worry if starts up again.

I'm finding it really difficult to cope with at the moment. It comes on very suddenly and can last from a few minutes up to an hour or more. Its affecting my sleep (alongside morning sickness starting at 4am) and is stopping me from doing normal stuff in the day. I'm sure sometimes its just trapped wind but if theres anything i can do to lessen it... Might be a bit constipated as well. Holy crap i feel rough! Will phone midwife tomorrow. Just need a bit of reassurance and maybe she'll be able to suggest something to help. Any good ideas from anyone else? Xxx

If you're that uncomfortable I really think you should be seen sooner rather than normal.. it could be round ligament pain.. but if you are that uncomfortable no one on here can tell you it's ok because it may or may not be!! Please get checked and keep us updated! <3

I agree with Pink. While having AF type pains and cramps (especially early on in pregnancy) is fairly common and normal; hearing you say that it is intense enough that it keeps you from doing things you normally would is disconcerting. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I would definitely get checked out. I hope that you get some relief soon and that all is well with you and your LO. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->