Stomach acid VS cravings

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
I'm currently burping stomach acid with a cringe on my face... And yet I really want those hot Cheetos! Give in and risk bad stomach acid all night? Or cry inside as I behave myself? Decisions, decisions...

I'm one of those people that eat what they want and later face the consequences... Even if I regret it 5 minutes later, it just always feels great eating what you want even though for me I'm more than likely vomit afterwards 😷 Haha

In India, there's is Lays flavor, Magic Masala, which is very spicy, specially made for Indian taste buds. Now, usually I prefer more bland versions of chips, but ever since I got pregnant, I've been craving the Magic Masala.

I've had it twice so far, followed with sever acidity and heart burns, but boy, was it worth the pain! :D

My main cravings are for spicy fast food, so I asked my doctor what to do. She asked me to have everything that I want, but in moderation. So even if I continue to survive on home cooked bland food most days, I do indulge once in awhile.

My doctor has prescribed me Nexium 40 for the days I want to eat out. I have to take it first thing in the morning with empty stomach on those days.

I'm also in favor of "eat and then suffer consequences" :)

Speaking as someone who gets horrible reflux when pregnant, I'd vote to abstain. OR get yourself an effective neutraliser to have afterwards. Otherwise, it's not worth the pain imo.

Probiotics get rid of stomach acid really nicely by helping you digest the food & push it down & out quickly. Antacids will mask the real problem and you'll likely keep having reflux your entire pregnancy. If you pair prebiotic foods (saur kraut -eat with meat etc, garlic, onions) with a good probiotic from the pharmacy you should be able to eat whatever you want without reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->