Stop "improving" things!

Scoobys mummy

Reaction score
Mini rant! Why do manufacturers insist on "improving" things when they were fine! First it was flora, new buttery taste IF I WANTED BUTTER ID BUY IT!! The new one is vile. Now the same has been done to low low. Hubby says hp sauce has never been the same since they "improved" it! Anything else?

Lion bars. I used to love them then they 'improved' them and now I can't stand them :(

:haha:

Yea, cottage cheese. In general. It has been 'improved' by only having the extra low fat version available which is gross. Give me my Longley Farm deliciousness back.

:haha:

Yes - Greggs sausage and bean bakes were amazing til they decided to make them into sausauge bean and cheese melts.

Just flippin leave em!! :grr:

Hobnobs used to be my biscuit of choice until they changed them now they taste like cardboard :(

Golden Wonder crisps. I remember when the Cheese & Onion ones were nicer than Walkers, but they are gack now.

Mini rant! Why do manufacturers insist on "improving" things when they were fine! First it was flora, new buttery taste IF I WANTED BUTTER ID BUY IT!! The new one is vile. Now the same has been done to low low. Hubby says hp sauce has never been the same since they "improved" it! Anything else?

Manufacturers idea of "Improving" things is removing all the ingredients that made the product tasty in the first place. Why can't they get it into their heads that we are adults with minds of our own.

They remove all the slightly unheathy stuff and replace it with the healthier stuff, but they just ruin the taste! Everywhere is becoming a nanny state, they think we cannot think for ourselves! If we want low fat let us find it ourselves! If we don't want it , we shouldn't be forced, just because a few greedy people on this earth cannot control themselves.

Mars bars, twix all those old classics are not how they used to be :( the caramel is not nice and soft and stretchy like it used to be. Rich tes biscuits are now tasteless and pale. There are so many others I could list, it's such a shame these health maniacs are ruining tasty food because they think we are too stupid to decide for ourselves.

A lot of it is probably for cutting costs purposes too I expect.

I don't know what Walkers have done but a few times I've had them they've been flavourless and others have just tasted like mud!! I can't eat them anymore. The size of everything is really annoying now! Everything you open has less than half the packet in! I bought a family size box of Frosties and opened the box..It was only half full unopened! Why even waste the cardboard of making it so big and not fit in my cupboard :dohh: x

Ohh and me and my sister were talking the other day about how things like Wotsits, Skips and Monster Munch are nothing like they were when we were younger and actually tasted nice. Now they taste horrid and have an aftertaste that makes you wish you'd never eaten them x

It's so annoying, I used to love the jam filled wagon wheels but I bought some a couple of months back and the amount of jam they had in them was minuscule, very disappointed! May as well of just got the normal ones. They're so much smaller too.

Definitely! Wagon wheels are now tiny!!! I used to go to Canada every six weeks, McDonald's out there is amazing.. Here when they took off the salt for a short time.. Ew!! Huge size difference too x

Greggs are on my list too! When I used to walk to work I used to walk through town and stop in Greggs and get a gingerbread man. They used to be thick and soft-ish and more cookie like and often warm where they'd just come out the over. Then one day I realised they'd doubled the price and made them the normal paper thing, rock solid gingerbread man :cry:

Smarties too. Obviously it was all the colourings that made them taste nice. (And made it possible for you to wet the colour on them and rub it on your lips so it looked like you had blue lips :blush:)

Manufacturers idea of "Improving" things is removing all the ingredients that made the product tasty in the first place. Why can't they get it into their heads that we are adults with minds of our own.

They remove all the slightly unheathy stuff and replace it with the healthier stuff, but they just ruin the taste! Everywhere is becoming a nanny state, they think we cannot think for ourselves! If we want low fat let us find it ourselves! If we don't want it , we shouldn't be forced, just because a few greedy people on this earth cannot control themselves.

Mars bars, twix all those old classics are not how they used to be :( the caramel is not nice and soft and stretchy like it used to be. Rich tes biscuits are now tasteless and pale. There are so many others I could list, it's such a shame these health maniacs are ruining tasty food because they think we are too stupid to decide for ourselves.

A lot of it is probably for cutting costs purposes too I expect.

Its all about a fear of sueibg and pressure frrom pressure groups and goverment to ensre healthy living. Plus a fear of sueing and the culture surrounding it. U say we have a choice but can argue that u dont. Ever heard of the people that sued mcdonalds coz they were obese.. Yes they had a choice but theu claim they didnt coz mcdonalds didnt have a healthy choice. They won. Almost everything silly u hear etc is fear of sueing.this culture means if somethin doesnt go our way we sue. So puttig on silly thongs and rules is cheaper them.veing sued xx
not agreein jus stating xx

Oh and asda changed my fav ready meal a few yrs bak no where near as good xx

I don't know what Walkers have done but a few times I've had them they've been flavourless and others have just tasted like mud!! I can't eat them anymore. The size of everything is really annoying now! Everything you open has less than half the packet in! I bought a family size box of Frosties and opened the box..It was only half full unopened! Why even waste the cardboard of making it so big and not fit in my cupboard :dohh: x

Ugh, don't get me started on the size of things decreasing! It drives me nuts

The latest one I've noticed is oxo cubes, instead of them being a cube they're now X shape...so basically they've cut a bit out of each side and yet they charge you the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->