Stopped breastfeeding two weeks ago. Sore lumpy breasts now.

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just seeking some advice. I'm pretty sure this is clogged ducts or something along those lines, but I thought I'd find out if anyone else has experienced this before maybe going to GP. So I stopped breastfeeding about two weeks ago after 13 months. I had been wanting to stop for a few weeks, but we were travelling so much I didn't want to stop while we were away. I was getting so frustrated as my daughter was up five or more times a night to feed (she was teething and ill so needed comfort), so in frustration when we got back I stopped cold turkey - I had been feeding her before bed and then a few times in the night. I didn't stop this way with my son (also after 13 months), with him I got down to one feed before bed which I gradually dropped. So I don't remember getting this after I stopped feeding him. My breasts have been getting sorer over the past four days or so and then last night I was lying in bed, and my left breast is a mass of painful lumps. I massaged them and milk leaked out, so I imagine they're clogged ducts rather than anything more sinister. I was just wondering if anyone experienced this and how you got rid of it?

my sister had this happen to her as she just didn't want to breastfeed when her LO was born. She didn't want to express because she wanted to dry up but she ended up with mastitis. The doc said that she should have done what I think you are doing and that is to take how showers or baths or use hot compresses to let the milk drain out a few times a day. It will still dry up eventually. Hope this helps

oh - and if you have some peppermint essential oils and peppermint tea you can rub the oil on your breasts and drink the tea a few times a day and that will help your body stop production of milk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->