Stopping child benifit for over £60

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I can see why they have done this and I think it's fair enough. What I actually don't think is fair is that it is stopped if one parent earns over this amount, but if two working parents earn say 80k they are still eligible for it?

Do you think this is right?

I have friends who have a higher income than us (combined ) but will still be getting CB when ours will stop and this is what I think is slightly unfair :shrug:

What do you think?

I think it should be based on household income, like tax credits are, otherwise it is very unfair. I do agree with it being stopped for higher earners though - benefits (of any sort) really should only be for people who really need it x

I think its fair to stop the child benefit if parents are high earners and dont 'need' it but i do think its extreamly stupid that if one parent earns of 60k it gets stopped but if 2 parents jointly earn over 60k it isnt... wtf is that all about....lol x

I know it's just not right really. Like I said though I also think benifits are there for people who really need it so I can see why they stopped it.

I think 60k is a much more realistic amount than the previous 42k but i do think it should apply for those earning combined incomes too.

They should just means test and be done with it because someone will always miss out where others dont if they continue to cap it.

It definately needs looking at and a big shake up needed! I also think it should be based on household income

Thanks for all the opinions. Doubt anything will be done though x

No I doubt they will all they keep saying is that it is too expensive to means test everyone but imo your giving people jobs and making the system fairer so why not??? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->