Stopping meds and vaping

Jerenet

Reaction score
*sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put it*

I have missed 2 periods so far, but still getting negatives. I spoke to my mom and she said it was common in my family to get negatives until several weeks into the pregnancy. She was 12 weeks with me before getting a positive hpt.

My worry is that, if I am pregnant, I would be around 7-8 weeks now. I vape to help with my anxiety, as well as take meds for my bipolar. Both are harmful to babies during pregnancy. I don't want to have to stop them if I am not pregnant, as it is harmful to my state of mind and ability to function like a normal human being. I am unsure, though, at which stage of a pregnancy that birth defects are most likely to happen, because I really don't want to harm my baby if I am in fact pregnant.

Any suggestions? Also, would starting prenatal vitamins now be helpful, just in case?

As a side note, in case anyone has experience with this. I switched to soy milk about a month and a half ago due to stomach problems with dairy. Has anyone had problems with soy messing with their cycles?

Thanks!

Go to your doctor and ask for a blood test.

The medical profession weighs risks vs benefits to decide on the best course of action. The most important thing is to get an appt asap and discuss this with your provider before making any changes. Good luck!

Also, there could be an underlying reason for the lack of a period that needs to be addressed. There is some research suggesting soy can affect estrogen levels in your body but only your doctor can test you for a soy sensitivity and hormone levels.

Yes, soy can definitely effect your cycle as it has an estrogen like effect on the body

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->