• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stopping progesterone supossies and scared

lady luck12

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm on progesterone supossies atm,but will be stopping them in a few weeks.
Scared incase something happens when I stop them.
Anyone been through the same, any side effects of coming off the supposies ???
Thanks in advance x x x

im on progestrone pessaries and gel, estrogen tablets and patches that i have to stop taking at 12 weeks and im also so nervous about stopping them all!

i had to have progestrone pessaries with my dd and had to stop at 10 weeks and everything was fine, by 10+ weeks the placenta has taken over anyway :thumbup:

Did you have any spotting when stopping it ??
Thanks for your feedback xx

I cut my last few in half, and also did the last couple every other day. Had no effects at all, just felt a lot better lol!

Baby was born naturally at 38w :flower:

I really think you're not supposed to stop them until the placenta takes over from the corpus luteuam around 12weeks. I would seek another medical opinion xx

I too weaned my self off them to not let my progestrone levels drop too rapidly but no I didnt have any spotting!

Ive been told to cut down from 2 pessaries a day to 1 from today. 11 weeks. And stop completely next wed at 12 weeks. I have so many though and am scared of stopping. Wondering if to use them at 1 a day until they are all gone x

I'm on a progesterone oil and was told to start weaning off at 13 weeks to be done completely by 16 weeks. I think it's okay if you take your time coming off of them, just do what you feel comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->