Stopping the pill after 4 months to NTNP.

J

Jem88

I've only been on the pill for the past 4 months since having my daughter, before getting pregnant the only protection i had used was condoms. We had a talk lastnight and my OH want's us to NTNP, so i've stopped my pill today :D I know there's another thread about the pill but i thought i'd make a new one just to ask if your body returns back to normal quickly if you haven't been on the pill long, or does it not matter if you've been on it 4 months or 4 years?

Thanks. :)

Hmmmm, I'm not too sure, most of what I have read says that the hormones leave your body pretty quickly, but I think it is all about how quickly your body starts to make it's own natural hormones again.

I have just come off the pill after being on it for 14 years. So far I have experienced unexpected weight gain, extreme bloating, abdominal cramping and for a day or two felt a bit moodier (more than usual lol).

As I am only off the pill now for about 3 weeks, AF wouldnt be due yet anyway, but I really am hoping that I am one of the lucky ones that returns to normal pretty quickly, but not counting on it!

Good luck and I hope somoene that is in a similar situation can give you some advice.

Thanks :) at the mo we are in no rush for anything to happen as we have a 5 month old lol, but we are just going to be NTNP and if it's ment to be it'll happen :)

I think everyone is different. I heard it takes some women a year to O after stopping the pill. Others O and get preg the month they stop. I was on the pill for 13 years. I went off to NTNP and got my BFP 4 months later! You can try taking Vitex agnus-castus to regulate you. I took it for about 1.5 months before the BFP... Good luck to you!

Hiya! I was on Microgynon 30 last year for 3 months and had a withdrawel bleed the missed the next period and got my BFP so I got back very fast! It depends on the person I guess. We are prob going to NTNP now (i want to lsoe 2st first) I stopped my pill last week as was having a rough time on it so am on a bleed now:wacko: also I took no vits or pills to get my sytem ready just folic acid

I stopped mine in early June when I was due for my withdrawal bleed. I got the withdrawal bleed June 8th-June 11th. Then I had some spotting on July 5th and AF started for real on July 6th till July 9th. So my cycle was 28 days. Hopefully it stays that way so I will be regular. I was on the pill for a grand total of 10 years with only a 6 month break in between when my now ex husband and I tried (unsucessfully thank god) to have a baby. As far as I remember I was regular then too.

So I guess everyone is different but that was my story :)

I was on the pill for 5 years and have been off it for almost 9 months. I still haven't started functioning properly. My doc said that the average is 3 months but that for some women it can take a year! to start O-ing again.

My cycle returned very quickly. The year I stopped taking birth control it was June and got pregnant at the end of August. I had been on the pill for only a year before that, I am not sure if that makes a difference of not.

(unfortunately It turned out to be an ectopic, but it had nothing to do with me previously being on the pill)

I got my AF back straight away (after the pill period) and then my BFP a couple of weeks later. I was on it for 5 years and took us a month to fall pregnant. I remember I was on my honeymoon when the witch returned. I'd never been so happy to see it! Was quite short and I fell pregnant later on during the honeymoon.

It really depends on your body. You don't ovulate while on the pill (the combined pill) Once you finish taking it, it's out of your body pretty much straight away. It just depends on how long your body takes to 'kickstart' itself to start producing the hormones again to ovulate.

Good luck!!!!! xxx

stopped taking mine 5th sept had wd bleed 5 days later and nothing since!only 4 days late if was to go on a 28 day cycle. what is this agnus cactus i hear so much aabout?

Hey I also finished taking mine on the 5th of September (after being on BCPs for nearly 7 years) and had nothing until 30th of September, which was quite heavy to beging with, but went very light after 2 days. IF I am back to normal, my next AF should be due on the 27th of this month, and I should be ovulating tomorrow (if my ovaries have decided to work again!), so I guess I've just got to sit and wait to see what happens!

Hey I also finished taking mine on the 5th of September (after being on BCPs for nearly 7 years) and had nothing until 30th of September, which was quite heavy to beging with, but went very light after 2 days. IF I am back to normal, my next AF should be due on the 27th of this month, and I should be ovulating tomorrow (if my ovaries have decided to work again!), so I guess I've just got to sit and wait to see what happens!

Hello, I my last period from BCP was from Sep 25-29. I just added 14 days to Sep 25 to determine my suspected O-date, which came out to be Oct 9. Around that time I started watching for EWCM and other signs. I did notice EWCM around the 7,8,9. We only BD on the 8th and 10th.

I don't feel like I covered all bases even though we tried, but it was due to me having to explain to DH that there is only a small window of conception time, and he didn't believe me at first! I have since explained it to him and he understands now, but still I'm kinda pissed.

Anyways, have you had any signs of your O- cm, etc. ?

Good luck to you!!!!!!

Hello, I my last period from BCP was from Sep 25-29. I just added 14 days to Sep 25 to determine my suspected O-date, which came out to be Oct 9. Around that time I started watching for EWCM and other signs. I did notice EWCM around the 7,8,9. We only BD on the 8th and 10th.

I don't feel like I covered all bases even though we tried, but it was due to me having to explain to DH that there is only a small window of conception time, and he didn't believe me at first! I have since explained it to him and he understands now, but still I'm kinda pissed.

Anyways, have you had any signs of your O- cm, etc. ?

Good luck to you!!!!!!

Hi! That's what I did to estimate O-date (13th) and we BD'd on the 9th, 10th and 12th, so I'm not sure if that will be enough! But as we're only NTNP, we won't be upset if we get a BFN this month, so we're just enjoying the time we have together at the moment! Good luck to you too! x

I just wanted to say that I just got my BFP today at 15 dpo (I think)! I just stopped BCP Sep 29 and was ready to start TTC. I literally thought 100% that it would never happen this early, especially after I was on Tri-Previfem BCP for 3 years. Well looks like we caught the egg. I had ewcm around day 13-14 of my cycle. So we BD on day 13 and 15. And here we are today I had a very faint line this morning, and a darker line this afternoon. It can happen!

-if it weren't for the ewcm I probably wouldn't have known anything

Congratulations dahlia2007 - how exciting. It just shows it can happen :)

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months

Fingers crossed for the rest of us

X

wow congrats on your super speedy BFP! Hope I get mine soon. And wow you stopped BCP after me. I stopped sept 11th and hoping for a BFP this second time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->