Stovies?

Cookie_Clare

Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to live in the borders and on bonfire night my friend's mum would make stovies... Yummy!!

I've tried looking up the recipe but there are so many variations, i reckon it'll take forever to find 'the' one! I was hoping that someone might be able to narrow it down for me and recommend a really tasty recipe?

Many thanks,

Clare
xx

I know its ages since you posted this hun... but here goes if u still need it. My grans stovies are dead simple. Haven't put in quantities as it depends on how many you're cooking for but you can just judge it bu how much you want.

She just chucks a load of peeled and quartered potatoes into a pan with sliced sausage (preferably that lorne sausagemeat that you can buy in a big block), onion, cover it all with water and add gravy salt. Cook slowly on low heat on the hob for about 3-4 hours and serve ith crusty bread and brown sauce

I've never heard of these, probably not an american thing. I love trying recipes from other parts of the world though. These sound YUMMY!

I so need to stay away from this part of the forum...I want to eat so much.

yehah last time i had this my mother in law in glasgow, made it was yummy xxmade with slice/yummy

I know its ages since you posted this hun... but here goes if u still need it. My grans stovies are dead simple. Haven't put in quantities as it depends on how many you're cooking for but you can just judge it bu how much you want.

She just chucks a load of peeled and quartered potatoes into a pan with sliced sausage (preferably that lorne sausagemeat that you can buy in a big block), onion, cover it all with water and add gravy salt. Cook slowly on low heat on the hob for about 3-4 hours and serve ith crusty bread and brown sauce

Yay, thanks so much Kiree! I'm so gonna try this asap!

:hugs:

or corned beef ive seen used too or left over beef joint. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"