Strange periods at 35? What is going on!

avanemo

Reaction score
Ok, ladies... so I spent last week in the TTC 2WW forum because I just had a feeling I might be pregnant... I have been trying to conceive for a few months- but with a partner who has issues in this regard so I kind of have a if it happens great, attitude. But now Im feeling like I might have issues too! I am turning 35 in 3 weeks and it seems the closer I get to it, the weirder my body gets!

I have been having HORRIBLE PMS symptoms that of course I confused with maybe Im pregnant? the last two months...

I started my period on Friday and it was heavy I think for about a day and a half... then almost gone yesterday and totally gone today. Is this all just the changing of age??

What do you ladies experience? Am I alone in this new period craziness? :) :wacko:

Ok, ladies... so I spent last week in the TTC 2WW forum because I just had a feeling I might be pregnant... I have been trying to conceive for a few months- but with a partner who has issues in this regard so I kind of have a if it happens great, attitude. But now Im feeling like I might have issues too! I am turning 35 in 3 weeks and it seems the closer I get to it, the weirder my body gets!

I have been having HORRIBLE PMS symptoms that of course I confused with maybe Im pregnant? the last two months...

I started my period on Friday and it was heavy I think for about a day and a half... then almost gone yesterday and totally gone today. Is this all just the changing of age??

What do you ladies experience? Am I alone in this new period craziness? :) :wacko:

Its a whole new world of craziness for many of us on here so you are certainly not alone!

I wouldn't worry too much about the period, mine seem to be incredibly short now, about 3 days - yet I remember before BC many moons ago they were at least 5 good heavy days... maybe things just change over time!

Do you think it may have been chemical pregnancies? At any rate it seems that our periods do change as we age mine have gone from 7 days to 4-5. Still might be worth talking to your doctor to see if s/he thinks you may have a hormonal imbalance going on.

I was going to ask the same thing Velo asked...
Mine were always 6-7 days until about a year ago...now they are 5 days...
I will be 39 next month...

hi :flower: i actually have the same type of period that you are talking about. i would say for a little less than a year my periods have shortened but the first 2 days are extremely heavy mixed with a lot of clear CM. Than it lightens up for the next 2 days. I also have the worst cramps ever. i also had thought it could have been a chemical pregnancy when we first started TTC but I have the same periods every month so I just think it is the way it is now. I just feel like it's our bodies changing. I am now 35. will be 36 in a few months.

hi :flower: i actually have the same type of period that you are talking about. i would say for a little less than a year my periods have shortened but the first 2 days are extremely heavy mixed with a lot of clear CM. Than it lightens up for the next 2 days. I also have the worst cramps ever. i also had thought it could have been a chemical pregnancy when we first started TTC but I have the same periods every month so I just think it is the way it is now. I just feel like it's our bodies changing. I am now 35. will be 36 in a few months.

Thank you! Im glad Im not alone! Its crazy! I used to be the most regular, predictable person ever... now this! I swear that its something in the food nowadays (hormones) that is making our daughters develop earlier... and making us go into menopause earlier!

Avanemo - My periods changed pretty suddenly 2 years ago (I was 36). They got extremely heavy over a couple of months and then I had the worst cramps I've ever known, brought me to tears. I went to my gyno and she prescribed an ultrasound. Turns out I have uterine fibroids. I had surgery to have one removed, the other is within the wall and shouldn't cause me any trouble with getting pg. Dr said it was better to have them removed if I was TTC otherwise they could interfere.

So, I'm not trying to scare you or anything but big changes in your cycle could be something more than just age. Good news is that my Dr says I the fibroids won't stop me from getting pg and the cramps haven't been that bad since the surgery!

Avanemo - My periods changed pretty suddenly 2 years ago (I was 36). They got extremely heavy over a couple of months and then I had the worst cramps I've ever known, brought me to tears. I went to my gyno and she prescribed an ultrasound. Turns out I have uterine fibroids. I had surgery to have one removed, the other is within the wall and shouldn't cause me any trouble with getting pg. Dr said it was better to have them removed if I was TTC otherwise they could interfere.

So, I'm not trying to scare you or anything but big changes in your cycle could be something more than just age. Good news is that my Dr says I the fibroids won't stop me from getting pg and the cramps haven't been that bad since the surgery!

I appreciate this message... I really feel like something is off... I have NEVER had anything weird. Since I started my period it has basically been the same... I have noticed I seem to PMS a lil longer the last few months... but other then that they are still the same length flow, etc. This is so out of the ordinary for me! I still have not started bleeding again... it was basically only one day of a regular at all flow and then just spotting that I had to go looking for, lol... never even hit my panties... I am just really confused and I HATE things that dont make sense to me.

I felt exactly the same way! My period had been so exactly the same for 25 years (never missed a one since I started!) then it got weird for a few months and I just knew something was off.

If you're sure you're not pg (taken an HPT?) then I'd let it go until next month. If you get another weird period like this, see your gyno. It could just be a fluke, you might be fighting off a cold you're not aware of or something stressed your body (if you're in the US it is tax season LOL!) and next month you'll be back to normal!:flower:

I felt exactly the same way! My period had been so exactly the same for 25 years (never missed a one since I started!) then it got weird for a few months and I just knew something was off.

If you're sure you're not pg (taken an HPT?) then I'd let it go until next month. If you get another weird period like this, see your gyno. It could just be a fluke, you might be fighting off a cold you're not aware of or something stressed your body (if you're in the US it is tax season LOL!) and next month you'll be back to normal!:flower:

I took 5000 HPTs, lol. I really dont think I could be... Im going to try to forget about this one like you said and make an appt next month if its weird! it is tax season, lol, but I get refund so not stressed... :p

LOL! Good plan! FX that next month is all normal for ya.

Lucky you, we weren't so lucky. Could use a little tax break, ya know!:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->