Strawberries

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
Need a bit of advice. I have pureed some strawberries for my son but they were a bit tart so added a couple of strawberry fromage frais but they are still quite tart. Any advice on sweetening them up naturally?

not too sure hun, but they dont recommend you give strawberries til a year cos they can cause allergies xx

never knew that. Ill buy some ice cream and put some icing sugar in to make a sauce for me and hubby then. Thanks x

strawberres, tomatoes nd somethin else it is! but they're ok cooked i think xx

I never knew that either, but they make fruit purees & things strawberry flavour ..so is that diff than real strawbs then?

I've given Erin strawberries and she has been fine. xx

yeah, when i was younger i had strawberrys and came out in a rash/bliters on my face. its the stuff they spray them with x

i think the jars and stuff are cook strawberries, i know tomatoes are fine once cooked xx

alice&bump is very right!

Check below info!

There are many "forbidden foods" that baby should not have until he has reached a certain age. These forbidden baby foods include egg whites, peanut butter, shellfish, crusteceans and citrus.

Honey
(not an allergen but may cause botulism in infants under 1yr old)
After 1 year

Peanut Butter
After 1 or 2 years*

(Tree) Nuts
(also may pose a choking hazard)
After 1 or 2 years*

Citrus or Acidic Fruits
Not an allergen but may cause rash & digestive upset due to acidity. Using a dash of lemon or pineapple juice in a whole fruit puree is NOT the same as giving a baby pureed or sliced oranges, pineapple et al.

Just because a fruit, like tomato, is not in the citrus family does not mean that it is not acidic!
After 1 year

Raw Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries - learn about why processed strawberries may not pose an allergy risk

(Blueberries and Cranberries
are NOT included in this)
After 1 year**

Corn
(possible allergen and not very nutrient rich)
After 1 year

Egg Whites
(many pediatricians will say it is fine for an older infant to have baked goods that include whole eggs)
After 1 year

Whole Milk - as a drink
Lactose and milk proteins may cause allergic reactions and may also cause tummy troubles as they are hard to digest - yogurt and cheese are exceptions. Milk also hinders proper absorption of iron; iron is crucial during the 1st yr.!
After 1 year

Wheat
Many suggest that for the infant who has had no issues with gluten in Oats and/or Barley, and who has no history of wheat allergy or gluten intolerance, that offering wheat products (such as wheat toast) is fine around 8+ months - Read more at our topic Wheat for Baby
After 9-10 months or 1 year

Grapes
(not a high allergen but may pose a choking hazard - use extreme caution if offering your older infant or toddler grapes)
After 10 months or 1 year **

Shellfish/Crustaceans
(may be a high allergen)
After 1 or 2 years ***

Chocolate
After 1 year - if at all

Check this website for more info!!! https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/forbiddenbabyfood.htm

Hannah's had them too (actually she's eaten egg white as well which is a big no-no) :shrug: not had any problems though

Fred ate a Raspberry today :blush: didn't know they shouldn't have them? x

Oooops didnt know they couldnt have strawberrys :lol: My friend gave her 6month old daugther a strawberry infront of the HV and she never said anything?

No raw strawberries is what it says ladies!!

I boil/steam them a little then mash then up a bit- lo loves them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->