Strecth and sweep

want2bemum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Does anyone know how successful a sweep is......I was having real contractions yesterday all day for 12 hours painful etc and they were getting more intense etc. Woke up this morning and just the period pains eerrggh annoying , feel like its never going to happen. :wacko:

Not sure of the % of successful sweeps, but I had 2 with my son, and neither worked :( I had one last Wednesday, and nothing. Well, I've lost my plug and had what I'm sure is a bloody show over the last few days, but nothing else.... I guess my uterus is just that comfy!!

Had you been having any contractions etc before you had the sweep or nothing? hope it happens for you soon hun! x

Nope, nothing. Well, I've been having BH, but that's it!! I know girls who have gone into labor hours after their sweeps though!!! Honestly, I think my babes would spend their whole lives in my belly if they could!!! haha!!!!

Did you have a sweep done?? I remember being crampy for about a day after my sweep.

I hope it works for you!!!!! xx

With my 1st son I was having some cramping, went to the doctor lunch time Thursday (41 weeks), she did a sweep, everything got stronger so went to the hospital 11am Friday morning and had my son 2am Sat! Totally worked for me although apparently I was already 2cm dilated when I went to see my doc, so not sure if that helped?

Hi I'm hoping for a sweep today, got the doctors at 11.00. Just want this little one out now. Have been having tummy cramps alnight but sure they are not contractions as it is constant pain, When I walk or move. It's ok when I lie still. Iv heard that a sweep can work well if your already on the way. Let's hope we get some success today and go into full blown labour. X

I had this done Friday aft and still nothing :
I was already 2cm fully effaced and bulging waters and all that's happened was bleeding for about 4 hour lost rest of plug and cramping now nothing :(

Will get induced a week today if nothing happens before tho! Woohoo!! (due to high bp!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->