Stress and stabbing pains, worried.

Fire_fly

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and have started getting stabbing pains in my uterus and a achey feeling all over my stomach. I've had a lot of family upset this week caused by a huge argument and therefore been really stressed to the point were I've been in tears some of the days. Could that cause this? I'm going to phone the midwife in the morning if it doesn't ease off, my lo is bed the now and have no-one to watch her if I need to be seen. Worried about the baby and don't have my first scan for another 1.5 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks x

I had the same thing last week when i was 11 weeks!! had a huge fight with my husband about something stupid, had to pack to move etc and I was pretty stressed out. I had various aches, anything from dull and achy to pully pinchy stabs everywhere down low. But went in for my NT scan at 12w2d and saw my super wiggly baby measuring a day ahead!!! Don't worry!!!

I've had stretching pains at different stages, especially the beginning, of all of my pregnancies. It feels like stabbing in my vagina... a ripping/pulling/sharp achy feeling on the sides... Even a dreadful ache going across where my belly button is... Do any of your aches feel like those??

Also, don't worry about the stress. It won't hurt the pregnancy. BELIEVE me. And no, stress won't cause these pains, either, although stress can cause BH contractions.

Stress never helps anything but hopefully that will get better for you. Stabbing pains can be normal I've had them for both pregnancys. Ligaments, muscles stretching and all the changes can cause a lot of pains. Also gas can cause a lot of tummy aches some can be pretty bad and you may not pass it for a few days. I am sure your bean is ok but never hurts to call and ask if your worried.

Thanks girls, they've eased off a bit now after I've had a sleep. There still there a bit as you all said, it's probably ligaments. You think I would know with this my second pregnancy but I think with all the uspset this week, it just caused to panic a bit :nope:

I've had stretching pains at different stages, especially the beginning, of all of my pregnancies. It feels like stabbing in my vagina... a ripping/pulling/sharp achy feeling on the sides... Even a dreadful ache going across where my belly button is... Do any of your aches feel like those??

Also, don't worry about the stress. It won't hurt the pregnancy. BELIEVE me. And no, stress won't cause these pains, either, although stress can cause BH contractions.

They do feel like that, yeah. A bit un-nerving isn't it? I'm getting back pain with it aswell. Do you know, my stomach was tightening last night and it felt like when I had braxtons hick in the third trimester with my DD but convinced myself it couldn't have been as I didn't think you could get them at this stage? :shrug:

Update: I called up the hospital as my back pain was getting really painful and stomach was tightening again. The midwife thinks it could be deyhadration or a bladder infection so going to hand in a sample to get tested today. She did say it could also be ligaments aswell and if it gets worse or have any bleeding to phone back again and she'll get me scanned to make sure everything's okay.

They do feel like that, yeah. A bit un-nerving isn't it? I'm getting back pain with it aswell. Do you know, my stomach was tightening last night and it felt like when I had braxtons hick in the third trimester with my DD but convinced myself it couldn't have been as I didn't think you could get them at this stage? :shrug:

(I am responding after already reading your update as well.) With back pain plus tightenings, I'm glad you're getting checked out. I felt BH contractions in later first Tri with my third pregnancy, but I would drink a ton of water to get them to go away. I had a UTI at the time, which was diagnosed only because I happened to get my blood work done during this time. When the UTI went away, the stretching pains did not. I'm really glad you're getting checked out. Until then, please drink some extra water!

(I am responding after already reading your update as well.) With back pain plus tightenings, I'm glad you're getting checked out. I felt BH contractions in later first Tri with my third pregnancy, but I would drink a ton of water to get them to go away. I had a UTI at the time, which was diagnosed only because I happened to get my blood work done during this time. When the UTI went away, the stretching pains did not. I'm really glad you're getting checked out. Until then, please drink some extra water!

Hi, turns out I don't have a uti but I was dehydrated. I drank a ton of water and the tightening's went away. Got a little busy with my daughter for a couple of hours and they came back! So I'm just going to carry a water bottle around with me from now on. No bleeding and the liagmanet pain isn't worsening so hopefully all should be good in that respect. Got an appointment with the consultant after my scan so will definitely mention all this to him. I honestly had no idea you could even get braxtons Hicks in first tri but with you and me getting them, I'll l know from now on.
Thanks again everyone:flower:

Edit: Just been informed by the midwife it's not braxtons Hicks as it's impossible right now. And it's probably muscular and she doesn't think I need to be seen. Just in case anyone else is having having any similar problems in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->