Stress & anxiety

Thegoodtwin

Mom of 1 and expecting #2
Reaction score
I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant and I split from OH last week. We've been fighting a lot lately and it finally got to the point where he got physical with me. I packed mine and my daughters things that night and left. I'm sad of course but I know it's best for myself and my children. Since being pregnant my anxiety has gotten really bad and this just pushed it over the top. I plan on talking to my doctor at my next appointment but just looking for some suggestions on how to relax and not feel so anxious all the time.

I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant and I split from OH last week. We've been fighting a lot lately and it finally got to the point where he got physical with me. I packed mine and my daughters things that night and left. I'm sad of course but I know it's best for myself and my children. Since being pregnant my anxiety has gotten really bad and this just pushed it over the top. I plan on talking to my doctor at my next appointment but just looking for some suggestions on how to relax and not feel so anxious all the time.

Hi there,

So sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time but how incredible that you found the strength to leave an abusive marriage.

My advice would definitely be to speak to your GP and maybe be referred for some counselling to support you? I would also highly reccomend an app called Digipill. It's a series of hypnotic talks by one of the worlds leading hypnotists and is the only app that helped me with my anxiety. You get the first one for free then can choose additional ones to buy, ranging from 2.50-3.99. But well worth it. I bought 4 of them and swear by it.

Wishing you all the best xxx

I have anxiety and depression. I'm prescribed medication for it but I've never done counseling due to the cost.
The best thing I've found is to stay busy and keep my mind distracted. I like to read a lot and that helps me focus on something specific.
Otherwise, activities with the kids, running errands when you start to feel anxious.
Go out with friends.
I've heard exercise is great for relieving stress, although I'm not big on that and if you consider it, I'd suggest talking to your ob first.
Otherwise, there's times I can't suppress it and I have to just allow it and deal through. Most of my attacks happened late at night and everyone was asleep so I had to just quietly talk myself through it.
Another thing that helps is thinking through everything. Allow your mind to wander through everything you're worried about or stressed about and think up the "solution" to each issue.
Prioritize what the easiest, quickest thing to handle would be all the way down to the more time consuming, difficult thing and physically try to work through each fix in real life. Proactively doing things to make life less stressful helps so much. Even if it's not things you're able to just "fix", even viewing it as separate issues breaks it down so it's not one huge weight on your shoulders.
The last thing is make sure to take care of yourself. Treat yourself often. Get a manicure or a massage. Take an extra long shower. Binge on snacks every once in a while. Do little pick me ups for yourself.
I hope this helped a little. Anxiety is the biggest B ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->