Stress Relief... What works for you?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
For the most part I feel like I am handling the stress of TTC pretty well... but I've noticed recently that I have a shorter fuse. I get irritated or cry more easily... even if 2 seconds prior I thought I was OK. So, I'm guessing I'm more stressed than I even realize... cause when we get good news (i.e. my hubbies SA results were excellent), I'm much more at ease the rest of the day... which makes me think I'm not as "zen" about it all as I'd thought? LOL.

Here's my question... what works for you when dealing with the stress? Anything out of the ordinary? Alternative? Or just plain silly?

I'm going to try a relaxation CD tonight when I get home... and maybe just finding 5 minutes a day to lay down with no distractions and breathe... I know it's hard to get rid of ALL your stress... but the less the better!!!!

Thanks ladies and lots of baby dust!!!

I go to yoga once a week, and get a massage about once a month. Both feel great but I don't know if they're really doing anything to relieve my stress in the big picture.... I also like to go ahead and cut loose with a martini or three during AF! :wine:

Read a book it totally takes your mind off everything else as you cant really think and read at the same time

xxxx

I was going to say read a good book too! I didn't think I was that stressed but when I was at my doctor's the other day I told him I was having trouble getting over the top of my breath & he said it sounded like a classic symptom of anxiety! So lots of reading on the cards for me!!

Walking is magic for me! It's very therapeutic and good for you too. It helps I have a big German Shepard that requires regular walking. :D

Thanks for all the replies ladies... I'll for sure get back to reading... I miss it (but seems not enough time these days)-- guess I'll just have to make some time! lol. I do have a good book I've been meaning to start for weeks now... 3rd in a series... so I'll get to it!

Best of luck and baby dust!!!

I just started listening to a relaxation CD too - it's one by Zita West that combines relaxation with visualisation about imagining your ovaries are producing a really strong egg and then visualising implanting etc - initially it was hard to get into but then I really got into it and felt very relaxed!

I'm planning to start acupuncture next week as this is meant to help with stress

Otherwise I've also recently got back into reading books

Sometimes, if all else fails I think a good old-fashioned rant helps too!!! :haha:

I've noticed I've become much more emotional since TTC, but more like I'm getting a bit weepy at really cheesy stuff on the TV rather than things to do with real life!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->