Stressing about maybe going full time

pichi

TTC on hold
Reaction score
So, i have the chance to get myself out of retail and into a good job (still not a job that i studied for, but a good job none the less) it would be roughly 30h a week; mon,tues,thurs,fri and the salary is 4x what i am on just now.

i REALLY want to go for the job but at the same time i am getting the guilt feeling of leaving my 2 kids with either the nursery or grand parents through the week. I will have the whole Wed,sat,sun and holidays with my kids but i don't know. there is something kicking me :nope:

Plus side; the increase income - although 2 days out of those 4 the kids will be in nursery as either the grannies can't take them 2 days or i don't want one to take them for 2 days (long story!) To top it all off too i am brooding something rotten! i would love more than anything to have another baby. Am i being selfish?

Childcare is going to run at roughly £80 a DAY for DD and DS... until DD is 3 then we get our 'free' hours.

If i could have it my way i would be a SAHM and look after my 2 kids (hopefully 3 soon!) until they all reached an age to go to school but that is just not possibly financially with a mortgage to pay etc...

urgh! anyone in the same situation or similar?

I got offered a promotion whilst I was on maternity with my old company, whilst I'd just agreed reduced hours with the company I was working for whilst pregnant, it meant going from 25 hours a week to 37.5

I struggled for ages with the decision and it's natural to guilt trip yourself over working vs spending time with your babies.

I decided to take the promotion, it also meant that lo is at nursery twice a week, and I'm so glad I made that choice. Lo absolutely loves nursery and is so excited when we get there. She's learnt to share, now gives kisses to her little friends there and generally her development has come on leaps and bounds.

I enjoy my job, which is really important, and I cherish our time together. For me I worked hard before I was pregnant and believe that I will show lo a good work ethic.

Ultimately it's down to your own choice and weigh up the pros and cons (also for nursery fees will the new place do child care vouchers?)

X

yeah, they will do vouchers as it's NHS based. if you don't mind me asking, how much are you for your LO for 2 days a week?

i'm struggling to think on how i'm going to work nursery with my daughter too. she starts a school nursery in December of this year... would i have to withdraw her from this nursery as i wouldn't be there to obviously get her from the school nursery to take her to the full day nursery... would she just stay at one all day - if that's the case she'd be missing out going every day. Oh it's so confusing! >_<

our DD is advanced for her age so i think she'd be fine at nursery - she can already write a few things, understands letters and numbers etc... it's just my wee guy i get sad about as he's still so small. Having a 3rd seems just a pleasant dream at the moment although it's what i would ultimately love

For me personally I don't class 30 hours as full time, I work 24.5 hours but as I commute an hour into Central London it is pretty much 4 full days and I find it is the perfect balance for me, 3 days at home and 4 days at work works well for me as it means a good salary but I get weekends for "fun" and that extra day a week is great for having some one on one time with DS and getting household stuff done. Obviously we're all different but I think 4 days is perfect :) (my day off is a Monday though which is obviously more convenient than a weds) I wouldn't choose to be a SAHM though I like working so I understand it's a difficult decision if you want to be at home :flower:

When I just had the 1 I worked 4 days a week and it worked pretty well. Money/life balance was pretty good, and Earl loved his CM. I was planning on doing something similar had I gone back to work after Eddy, but then Charlie came along and it's too expensive at the moment to put all 3 of them into childcare around ANY working hours.

This is what I was going to suggest- a CM. Our old CM currently has 3 3yos who are all in at the school nursery up the road 9-12. She takes them in the morning and collects them at midday, inside the hours she has them anyway. So no, you wouldn't necessarily have to take her out if you can find a CM close to you/her school. They're also normally cheaper than a nursery - mine charges £3.50 per hour or £3.00 per hour per sibling if there's 2 or more of them. There's loads of them around and people are always starting up so have a look around - your local children's centre should have information.

Plus if you're worried about your little one, a CM has a more family atmosphere and more one-to-one care time so it's often a lot less daunting for littlies. I prefer it for under 3s if I'm honest.

thank you for that :) i was thinking that i could have my DD in a nursery 2 full days then a half day at the school nursery so she's getting the social skills. A child minder would be PERFECT though if i could find one that was close by and could take my DD to nursery. that way she is going to be in the school she will essentially go to

I pay £390 a month for her to be in two days a week

Xx

so i am looking at almost double that for my 2 sprogs i think.

i am thinking that 2 days full at the private nursery while i am at work and then perhaps a half day at the school nursery so she can get used to that set-up as that'll be the primary she goes to. I think that would work... :\ it's all so confusing! god knows what it'll be like having 3!

so i am looking at almost double that for my 2 sprogs i think.

i am thinking that 2 days full at the private nursery while i am at work and then perhaps a half day at the school nursery so she can get used to that set-up as that'll be the primary she goes to. I think that would work... :\ it's all so confusing! god knows what it'll be like having 3!

I wouldnt make plans re: the school nursery until you know what their requirements are. Our school nursery (attached to the local infant school) requires a 5 day a week attendance.

Having 3 is a nightmare when it comes to logistics, but it's great fun most of the time! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->