Stretch marks!!

Meljenn

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy at 9 weeks and I have been researching how to manage stretch marks.
Is there anything that you would recommend to minamize them?

Vaseline with cocoa better helped me with stretch marks not related to pregnancy!

Clarins body tonic oil.

Yes it's expensive but I swear this stuff is magic! I developed some stretchmarks on my hips before I started using the body tonic oil and after regular use I can no longer see them :D

I don't recommend bio oil, I used it throughout my first pregnancy, sometimes 4 times a day and I'm still covered in stretch marks :(

Clarins body tonic oil.

Yes it's expensive but I swear this stuff is magic! I developed some stretchmarks on my hips before I started using the body tonic oil and after regular use I can no longer see them :D

smells amazing too!
Clarins also do a good stretch mark cream.
x

I used Palmers with my son, gained 60 lbs, was all belly and I don't have any stretch marks on m belly, I have a few small ones on my butt but I didn't lotion it and got them after I had him. That and a lot of water and stay active. I'm currently almost 13 weeks with my second and using the same method

I used Palmers with my son, gained 60 lbs, was all belly and I don't have any stretch marks on m belly, I have a few small ones on my butt but I didn't lotion it and got them after I had him. That and a lot of water and stay active. I'm currently almost 13 weeks with my second and using the same method

Lucky! :haha: Palmer's never worked for me! My skin is a pain anyway

I didn't have and with my first pregnancy and I used just for mums body oil from home bargains. It's only 99p for a small bottle

I've had 2 babies and no stretch marks unless you count the tiny one inch one I got above my belly button that you can't even see anymore. FX it's the same the 3rd time around! I am not sure if there really is anything we can do to prevent them, but I try anyway. It can depend on genetics, weight gain during pregnancy, and how big baby is. I had 2 babies full term both just under 7 lbs and gained 42 & 30 lbs respectively. What I do every pregnancy, morning and night and is put a body butter or shea/cocoa butter lotion on and I never, EVER scratch the belly or sides. I also never let that area get dry. Wether that is the reason for no stretch marks or not, I still follow the regimen.

nothing works its in your genes.

best thing is to drink lots water to make skin more elastic

Argan oil - fabulous for preventing and treating existing stretchmarks, have been using it since I was pregnant with my first DD (nearly 3 years now) - it is 100% natural - I buy from here: nutsorganic.co.uk

Thanks for the recommendations. I have been drinking plenty of water and I hope I will be one of the lucky ones

I don't subscribe to the 'you're going to get them regardless so don't bother' theory. My mum has lots of stretchmarks from pregnancy but I expect she didn't drink as much water as I do, definitely didn't work out and watch her weight or was as diligent with oil/moisturiser as I am.

I'm in the 'it's genetic' group I'm afraid. No one in my family has had them and I didn't either with DD. I used Clarins Stretch Mark Control but purely to stop the itching. I then used the toning oil after birth to help my skin return to normal but I think I was lucky and it was nothing to do with the lotions or potions. I also put on 4 1/3 stone so weight gain is utter b******s too.

Just reduce the itching someway is my advice.

I have 3 different things: Palmers, Mama Bee Oil, and Weleda Pregnancy Body Oil (which, like Clarins! I had read great things about, and it's a lot cheaper!) I am mostly using the Palmers up in first tri, because it seems the least effective of the three. I'm only 8 weeks though with my first pregnancy, so who knows if my plan will work! I do have a few stretch marks on my outer thigh/butt area from a growth spurt during puberty, but they are almost invisible now.

I also drink lots of water, and try to workout when I'm not feeling too sick.

I did nothing but stay hydrated, I never got one stretch mark, neither did my mother. Genetics is huge IMO.

I don't subscribe to the 'you're going to get them regardless so don't bother' theory. My mum has lots of stretchmarks from pregnancy but I expect she didn't drink as much water as I do, definitely didn't work out and watch her weight or was as diligent with oil/moisturiser as I am.

I didnt say your going to get them regardless.

Some women just have better skin than others. No real hard evidence out their that creams/lotions change a thing. Really just another market making claim, like fad diets or company claiming product is 'low fat' and better for you when actually is worse as its loaded with extra sugar.

Controlling weight gain will help but when pregnant this can be out of our hands at time.

Best way to look after your skin is through water, this is mainly what we made up of(some women need more/less than others) but still at end of the day it will come down to that individual person.

I used elemis camellia oil and tried to drink a lot of water. I put on 3 stone and as I was only small to start with I was all bump (and boobs). I luckily never got any stretch marks. However I do have stretch marks on my hips from growth spurts in my teens, so I believe that although genetics may be a factor, using an oil does help. It probably doesn't matter what oil but keeping your skin hydrated (inside and out) must help. My older sister used nothing and has a ton of stretch marks, my younger sister used bio oil though not regularly and she has stretch marks too. They were both younger than me when they had their babies too so can't be an age thing.

I just used E45 cream 2 to 3 times a day. I gained 3 stone and 16 inches and didn't get 1 stretch mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->