Stretch Marks :-(

Miss Wright

Mummy to Dylan
Reaction score
OK I know I'm totally superficial and shallow BUT.............

I've got my first bonafide stretch mark and feeling a bit down about it. :cry: I've still got a few weeks to go and am so worried that now the first one has appeared, hundreds more will follow.

I've also got very shiny almost translucent skin around my belly button, does anyone else have that?

I don't expect to snap straight back to normal after I have my baby and am more than willing to work hard to lose weight/tone up I'm just worried about irreparable damage :wacko: Please tell me I'm not the only one??

Hun you are not the only one. I noticed my first marks 2 weeks ago though my DH says they are really faint and don't look that bad. I hope I don't get them too bad.

hun i had an outbreak of stretchmarks at 22 weeks and now theyre everywhere!! Count yourself lucky lol x

Mine is rather red :-/
I know I just have to accept it but I'm having one of those days....

yep mine started a couple weeks ago... and I know they'll get worse - I've had them before though from growth spurts and they do fade quite well, and sunless tanner can make them almost completely disappear!

I am on stretch mark watch now. I have had everything else wrong so I know it is only a matter of time! So I know how you feel. My sister got her first at 38 weeks! x They'll fade x

My first ones started to appear a couple of weeks ago (despite regular oiling). I felt pretty down about it at the time. Since then quite a few more have appeared. DH for some reason seems to feel the need to exclaim every so often "Oooh..I see some more stretch marks have apppeared" Most of the time I'm not aware as they are kind of under my bump where I can't see them without a hand mirror! I can honestly say though that I have kind of stopped worrying about it. If it's going to happen then so be it-not really anything I can do about it so why let it upset me. I'm hoping that with time and attention after the birth they'll eventually fade as some of them are quite purple looking now. Sorry.....that probably hasn't helped in making you feel better! Maybe you'll get lucky and not get many more?

yep mine started a couple weeks ago... and I know they'll get worse - I've had them before though from growth spurts and they do fade quite well, and sunless tanner can make them almost completely disappear!

Really? Like St Tropez you mean? I may well try that! :thumbup:

My first ones started to appear a couple of weeks ago (despite regular oiling). I felt pretty down about it at the time. Since then quite a few more have appeared. DH for some reason seems to feel the need to exclaim every so often "Oooh..I see some more stretch marks have apppeared" Most of the time I'm not aware as they are kind of under my bump where I can't see them without a hand mirror! I can honestly say though that I have kind of stopped worrying about it. If it's going to happen then so be it-not really anything I can do about it so why let it upset me. I'm hoping that with time and attention after the birth they'll eventually fade as some of them are quite purple looking now. Sorry.....that probably hasn't helped in making you feel better! Maybe you'll get lucky and not get many more?

I live in hope!
I wouldn't mind that much if I had stretch marks after but a reasonably flat stomach that looked OK when fully dressed (not talking bikini ready)
It's the thought of skin which is forever saggy and wrinkled that refuses to be toned.....:wacko:
Sorry I am rather pessimistic today!!

mine are AWFUL!!! they are only on my tummy (thank god) but they are so bad! so so many of them! at the start i did get very upset but now im looking at them like battlescars! plus i know they will fade with time. they tend to go from almost not there to dark purple, depending on the temperature! weird!

yep yep - doesn't work when they're still purplish, but they fade to white within a couple months - real sun tanning may make them stand out more, but the creams / sprays are fabulous!

i saw my first ones on my boobs really early on... then one day i was about to get in the shower and noticed in the mirror that i had them all down the inside of my thighs... started wondering how long they'd been there! lol. now i have them all up my sides and legs :(

yep yep - doesn't work when they're still purplish, but they fade to white within a couple months - real sun tanning may make them stand out more, but the creams / sprays are fabulous!

That's makes me feel better, I love my St Tropez anyway - haven't really bothered since I've been heavily pregnant but I may start again! :thumbup:

i saw my first ones on my boobs really early on... then one day i was about to get in the shower and noticed in the mirror that i had them all down the inside of my thighs... started wondering how long they'd been there! lol. now i have them all up my sides and legs :(

Something has appeared on my side, not sure yet if it's the marks from my clothes or another stretch mark :dohh:

Same as Mrsadair - I noticed 3 under my right boob absolutely ages ago (despite practically no boob growth!) and then got all the way to 36 weeks without getting any more. Last week I noticed a horrific cluster of them inside my right thigh, and they've now appeared under my left boob and in a row underneath my bump - I wonder if rubbing in the cocoa butter every single day since my BFP has made any difference?

I've been using Bio Oil twice a day from 1st tri and only have some tiny oves on my sides just above where my knickers sit. I've noticed some reddish marks inside my thighs but I don't think those are full on stretchies.

I wouldn't worry, they'll fade soon enough.

Gem x

Same as Mrsadair - I noticed 3 under my right boob absolutely ages ago (despite practically no boob growth!) and then got all the way to 36 weeks without getting any more. Last week I noticed a horrific cluster of them inside my right thigh, and they've now appeared under my left boob and in a row underneath my bump - I wonder if rubbing in the cocoa butter every single day since my BFP has made any difference?

I was so good with my cocoa butter and bio oil in the beginning but have been slack with it recently. I'll be upping my efforts for the remaining few weeks that's for sure! :winkwink:

I have loads of stretch marks on my belly now, despite using bio oil twice a day religiously for months. Is a shame, but wonder what they would have been like if i hadn't used any oil!

Ditto, Ive got loads too all over tummy and thighs! They don't half depress though :cry:

Creams or oils don't prevent these, it's very genetic and if they are for you there is little you can do. I simply moisturise my bump to keep the skin soft. No stretchies yet but a good long 13 weeks of growth still to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->