Stretch marks

Kanichen34

Reaction score
Just a whinge :-(

With my first baby my boobs grew so rapidly that they were covered in stretch marks and look awful. But thankfully I didn't get any on my belly until 38 weeks and then I only got a handful. At least this way I could still wear a bikini.

This time I haven't been so lucky. No changes to my boobs as they were already trashed but I've noticed new ones on my bump this morning :-( I am generally smaller this time (developed a health condition after my first that made me lose weight) and I've expanded a lot faster this time so I guess it's to be expected but I'm still gutted.

I am so so big. Everyone comments on it. It didn't bother me at first but now it's beginning too. Like last week my daughters nursery teacher went on Mat leave at 35 weeks. I was only 26 weeks then and literally we were stood in the playground with this big circle of mums and staff saying how much bigger my bump is. I'm thick skinned but not that thick skinned!!!

First time around I loved my pregnancy figure and my bump. This time I just feel selfish, my body doesn't feel like my own and I just want the last 13 weeks to go so I can get my body back :-(

Sorry for the woe is me post - just wanted to rant where people understand as my husband doesn't get it.

Ah bless you, people just don't think do they :( it probably doesn't cross their minds that it'd hurt your feelings! Pregnancy can be difficult and sadly, you have very little control over it! I know the strech marks are a real downer but remember, you are growing a person, it's a huge deal and pretty incredible. It'll all be so worth it when your baby is here! Your kids won't care you have strech marks, they'll love you no matter. Hopefully your OH feels exactly the same way as well :) Do you know if medically there is a reason you are carrying so big? Is baby big or extra fluid? If nothing unusual, hopefully your growth will level out over the final trimester!

I'm struggling with general wellness in pregnancy, sickness has floored me and now that's stopped, I have awful reflux, anaemia and a heart that likes to sit at 105 beats a minute. I feel atrocious sometimes. But I plod on and know it'll be worth it in the end! They said, I don't feel guilty for wishing pregnancy away. I can't wait to feel well again! Don't worry a jot about hoping the next 13 weeks pass quickly! Doesn't make you a bad person!

Agreed with pp. my mom comments on my being in mat jeans and bump size all the time. Even have a few students comment on it. Just in one ear and out the other, but it does suck :(

Do you use any creams for stretch marks? Sometimes people forget the boobs expand too so I've been rubbing it on my belly, side, back, butt, and boobs every day since my positive hpt

I have been using Bio Oil on Belly, Sides, Boobs and thighs. Then I use Palmer's Cocao Butter on just my belly. This is my first so I dont know what to expect just doing everything I can to prevent (even though I know some people say it is genetics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->