Stretchmarks & weight gain

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi hope everyone has had a good easter weekend and eaten way too much chocolate :happydance:,

I have been sat here reading about what to expect around 24/25 weeks and loads of books/sites have mentioned stretchmarks ... was just wondering (any being nosey) if anyone has got them already and when they appeared? I already have them on my bum, thighs and hips from growing and loosing weight so it is definitely going to happen to me!!! :cry:

Also, I was wondering how much weight everyone has put on so far (if anyone feels like sharing) - I feel like I have put on loads (18lbs) and know whats "normal" according to the books but wondered what is really normal? I'm not beating myself up but seem to have a morbid obsession at the moment!!! Too much time on my hands me thinks :dohh::rofl:

TIA xx

the only 1s i have at the moment are from my 2 boys. but as i said this 1 has the "saggy skin" from the other 2 that it can grow into b4 stretchin gme more! LOL!

I had previous stretchmarks from fluctuating weight that were faded but they have turned a dark purple again and now I have new ones growing all around my belly and growing upwards like vines as the baby raises higher and higher. I really don't mind them much though. I have gained about 15 pounds and it all seems to be in my belly. :blush:

I got stretch marks pretty much straight away, I think its because I started showing straight away, There really bad too!!!!

thanks for the replies :) I've just been chatting with a friend on the phone and she said that she didn't get hers till 36 weeks ish and was all smug thinking she'd got away with it!! She thought it was a crease from lying down :rofl: and spent all day trying to massage it away - the next day she was covered :cry:

I wonder how many ladies have run to put creams on their bellies after reading this thread???? :rofl: xx

I've put on 15lbs but don't appear to have any stretchmarks yet... mind you, I'd lost about 10lbs in the few months before I got pregnant, so maybe my guy has a little more loose skin to expand into before I get stretched!

iv put on 6lbs and my s/m are from my son wich i got at 30+wks

I've put on 12lbs so far, and don't have any stretchmarks yet. I am a cuddly build anyway and my bump isn't as big as a lot of other people's ... and I haven't gained weight elsewhere, just at the front. I do have old stretchmarks that I got from growing but so far no new ones .. long may that continue! (I'm 23w 2d).

I've put on 24lbs and haven't got any streachmarks. I'm doing everything in my power to prevent them.

I have some and i'm proud of my lines :D You will never ever prevent them,if you're gonna get them you will whatever you do :)

I've put on just over 20lbs too and like MishC doing anything i can to prevent them! I use bio-oil twice daily and palmers cocoa butter on my tummy too. I've got a few stretch marks already on my bum and thighs just growth ones i think so i'm the same as you think i well in the running for getting them but so far so good! i seem to have a morbid obsession about them too! great thread x

Phew! :blush: So there doesn't seem to be a "norm" for weight gain, I don't know why I'm obsessing - its probably cos I don't want to face loosing it all afterwards and its difficult to stop obsessing about your weight when thats what you've done your whole adult life!! I asked another friend how much she put on during pregnancy and she said just under a stone altogether!! :grr: I put that on by 15 weeks!!! :hissy:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->