Strip washes?

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
How do you do yours? I need to do one later but after reading in fluffy bum club people seem to do it slightly different ways!

Thats funny, I am just doing one now :D I do a 95 degree wah with an empty machine and no powder - a wash at 60degrees with full dose of washing powder - a wash at 60 with no powder but add some white vinegar - then numerous rinses until bubbles are no more :)

wash at 60 then rinse until no bubbles

the strip is actually the rinsing till your bubble free x

wash at 60 then rinse until no bubbles

the strip is actually the rinsing till your bubble free x

This is what i usually do but after the discussion in FBC a few days a go made me think i was doing it worng :shrug:

wash at 60 with detergent, quick wash with no detergent at 60 then about three rinses.

do you all put the outters in aswell or just the inserts? I usually just throw in everythin but my wipes :blush:

i think wraps are meant to be at 30 or 40 but im not sure, depends on the brand, i mainly use ittis and bedbugs so they all go in at 60 and the wraps at 30, i dunno about pocket nappies

I throw em all in, I always wash the nappies at 60 and not killed any yet :) Just never leave OH to put stuff in the drier as he managed to put a pop-in outer in there once and it went crinkly :(

on average how many rinses does it take for the bubbles to go?? how often do you do strip washes?
also slight ot but is it true you shouldnt use tablets only liquid or powder as the tablets can cake the nappies too much?

i use liquid or powder, theres always an offer on for them lol
i strip wash if i find them starting to smell a bit, or if i just feel like doing one, about every 3weeks if i think about it.
i dont think theres a set amount of rinses, it depends on how much your nappy has clogged up x

I throw em all in, I always wash the nappies at 60 and not killed any yet :) Just never leave OH to put stuff in the drier as he managed to put a pop-in outer in there once and it went crinkly :(

i let my oh wash once, he did some baby bits, then put them in the drier.... all fine cept for the fact he put PUL backed bibs in there and they bloody melted:dohh:

Ive strip washed all my nappies once each (I put 20 nappies max in the machine) and will probably do them once a month.
I rinse three times (I always rinse after a nappy wash anyway) I have an efficient 1800 spin washer so that may make a difference but there is definitely no sign of bubbles on that third rinse!

my washing machine is in the utility room on the bottom floor so i will need to hang around in there for a while to keep an eye on the bubbles!!!

i let my oh wash once, he did some baby bits, then put them in the drier.... all fine cept for the fact he put PUL backed bibs in there and they bloody melted:dohh:

You try and beat him with a rolling pin?
OH has a habit of putting EVERYTHING on high heat in the drier which would kill some of the nappies....I tried to reason with him but he doesnt understand he just thinks hotter=dries faster not hotter=melted nappies=very cross me=castration.

:rofl: AS!!

Well I'm trying to do my nappies a different way, at the moment i've got my nappies on a 60 degree wash with nothing in it. Gonna do another one with detergent then rinse so we'll see how they turn out!

I'm not sure about washer tabs tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->