Stripping .... STILL !!!

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I am still trying to get to grips with these terries.

They have had two full washes and approx 6-7 rinse cycles and yet there's STILL a small smount of bubbles at the front of the door.

Will I ever get it all out? Or is it normal to have a small amount of bubbles?

I reckon my downstairs neighbour will think I have gone round the bend, all she's heard all day is my washing machine lol

I have also been spinning after each rinse, I take it that's something I need to do?

Not really you could just rinse and rinse I think and spin at the end although not 100% on that!

You don't need to spin after each rinse. And yes 6/7 rinses is normal for stripping nappies. If the bubbles sit round the rim of the washing machine door for a few seconds then they're detergent bubbles not just plain water so do another rinse. (Now you see the benefit of the dishwasher tab method that is popular on here lol!)

ps why are you stripping nappies? Did you buy second hand?

Yes they were preloved hun, so thought stripping was a good idea.

Ok, have switched to just rinsing and no spinning.

Yes there are bubbles at the front of the door, they're there for a little while and then gone.

Well a strip wash will do no harm anyway! And at least you've got time to do it now lol!

Haha, exactly.

There aren't that many bubbles there now, so hopefully just another couple of rinses should do it. That'll make it about 10 though!!

Do you think that they haven't been stripped in yonks?

I have another load of terries to do and some prefolds as well .... :haha:

Haha, exactly.

There aren't that many bubbles there now, so hopefully just another couple of rinses should do it. That'll make it about 10 though!!

Do you think that they haven't been stripped in yonks?
I have another load of terries to do and some prefolds as well .... :haha:

TBH hun i dont think it matters how often they are stripped, If you are doing the full detergant method it is always going to take a long time to get the bubble out :flower:

hehe, this is why i buy mostly new and do the dishwashing tablet once a month as a precaution lol :)... Im not sure it would be a favoured way, But i sometimes wash 2 in the sink with a load of liquid non bio and then rinse and rinse until no bubbles appear...and wallah and nice smelling nappy that wont need stripping in the machine :haha:

What is it you do with the dishwashing method hun?

I am thinking I might do that every 6 weeks anyway. x

What is it you do with the dishwashing method hun?I am thinking I might do that every 6 weeks anyway. x

Simple :thumbup:..
  • first you rinse your nappies in the machine
  • Pop in tablet
  • proceed to wash for a full length cycle at 60 degrees (providing PUL etc allows, check washing labels)
  • Rinse.

:haha: easy peasy x x

I always do an extra rinse as precaution with the dishwasher tab method :thumbup:

Just make sure the dishwasher tabs are the no frills type, no red balls etc.. just ya bog standard tablet :) The supermarket own brand cheapie ones are great!

After a while detergent can build up in your nappies, which can make them smell a bit and be less absorbent. It can also cause rash if it's really bad. Stripping or doing a strip wash is how you remove it so you can start with a clean slate.

You can do it in a couple of different ways: by washing them with a full dose of detergent (you normally use a lot less, eg 1/4 the normal amount) and then rinsing a million times until no more bubbles come out in the water; by washing them with a dishwasher tablet; or by scrubbing them with neat washing up liquid and the rinsing until no more bubbles come out (this can take days and is not normally done unless there are serious issues).

This might be why Leo's bum is starting to look red :( I'll def do this now!

If you've never done it before and you think they need it, I would probably do the full dose of detergent method. The dishwasher method seems to work best as a preventative measure so I do it once a month-ish as it's really quick and easy.

I normally do about 12 rinses on a strip wash :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->