Strong cramps then light 'blood'? What was that?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping for some insight or at least mutual 'ummm?' :)

We had unprotected sex on the 5th. I have no idea when my last period was as wasn't tracking - roughly a month ago I guess.

Anyway, Friday night I had really strong AF cramps so assumed my period was starting. Nothing on Saturday bar some more cramps. Strong cramps again over Saturday night (after a BFN) then no AF again on Sunday (another first in the morning BFN). By this morning I was pretty convinced I must be pregnant...

Then at noon, after um 'checking', I noticed something slightly blood looking on my finger, so thought finally AF was starting! Put in a tampon, went to work.

So far, 7 hours later, there has been enough brown discharge to cover but not soak:
1 finger ;-)
1 1/2 tampons

Normally, if I was having a period, bar not having cramps days in advance, once it starts it starts heavy and then peters out.

What do people think? Does that count as a period? Or could I still be looking at a positive?

I'm not sure what I want. Overall this really isn't a great time and I'd rather wait, but I think I could get behind it if I am.

All advice wanted as baffled :shrug:

Could it be implantation bleeding? I'm sure I felt one of my babies actually implant I had such strong cramps that lasted most of the day. I think I've also read somewhere that it can take 2-3 days after implantation for a test to show a positive

Well that's what I was wondering - is that too much goop/blood to be IB?
It would be weird/crazy if I was pg, given we have literally had unprotected sex ONCE in 17 months....

Could easily be implantation, but equally, worrying over your period might be messing with it........... Sorry to be so vague. Time for a test I think! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Crazy things do happen! I thought I had ib with ds1 and it was a really small amount but from reading other ppl's stories I think it can be a lot more. Did you test this morning?

No. I am a strong believer in not going crazy with the testing! :) I did on Saturday/Sunday, purely because I also think when you worry it holds things off, so I thought testing would take the edge off :)
I don't feel particularly pregnant right now so hopefully things will all just pan out. If I am still crampy in a few days time I'll probably test again as I can't see any reason for that to be happening by then.

You have such will power I'd be poas everyday from now until when ad comes. I hope you get the result you'd like - please keep us updated if you can. Good luck

Will do. I just don't see the point, the test won't make me more or less pregnant :)

Hey just me :)

Are you still breastfeeding? Cos that can make your cycles go a little wonky at times. I had a few months of af starting off with a whimper rather than a bang, really confusing, but I think my body just likes to play games.

Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out ok.
Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->