Struggling - Need to see about SPD

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Well I am struggling really bad now. When I was offline I was texting Yvanne to look up a couple of things but nothing until yesterday sprang to mind.

What are the symptoms?
Pain in the pubic area and groin are the most common symptoms. You may also suffer from back pain in pregnancy, Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or hip pain. It is common to feel a grinding or clicking in your pubic area and the pain may travel down the inside of the thighs or between your legs. The pain is usually made worse by separating your legs, walking, going up or down stairs or moving around in bed. It is often much worse at night and can stop you getting much sleep. Getting up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night can be especially painful.

All of that applies to me. The period feeling being the thighs and back! The ouch ouch ouch every night when I move in bed and get up! The clicking down there (ouch) when I sit or lie on couch.

I need to go and register with the GP & see my local MW now though after the move. Just need energy :dohh:

aww wobbs get this looked at quick as you can. i had it as you know and now it seems to have reappeared and believe me people at work think I am nuts but fuck 'em.

The G.P will get you to physio to assess you as this seems to be getting more common nowadays whereas 7 years ago when I had Chlo no-one really knew very much. Good luck hunnie
Bex

:hugs: hope u get it sorted soon hun.
x

i can sympathise, its horrible :(

I have all that apart from the grinding, i have got away with that, but i do click when i walk. i also find that i can open my legs if i do it very slowly but if i do it quick without thinking then i get pains shooting everywhere around that area. my pelvis seems to lock up if i sit down to long, so once i get up its very painful and i have to force my legs to move if that makes sence.

Im still waiting for a physio appointment, but to be honest i doubt tehre is much she/he can do about it anyway.

I was told by a friend not to get dressed standing up coz this can make it worse, to get in and out of cars/bed with your legs together, kind of like swinging them around at teh same time. and also not to over do things which goes without saying.

Hope you get seen soon and get some more advice, its really painful :( :hugs:

x

I always expected to struggle at some point just known its been getting worse and not sure thats whats I was expecting as normal even though Ive never been here before I think that made it worse for me to explain things.

i said to OH other day Ive had the little complaint and I could only describe it as period pains or something then the next week I could only describe it as the same but it was different ... if that at all makes any sense lol

Thanks girls :hugs: Im pretty sure all will be worth it after everything Im gutted I feel like I will be glad when its all over. I need iron tablets too so that prob isn't helping that I forgot then we moved then I forgot again when I ordered form tesco so I am going to find the GPs and chemist tomorrow if Im feeling ok! lucozade at the ready :lol:

:hugs: Hope it gets better for you hun....

I'm just feeling crap constantly - i can't snap out of it and after everything I feel so bloody bad for moaning but its so frustrating!

I can't get things done even simple tasks like make dinner, put a wash in the machine I feel that CRAP and achey!!

I have to ring MW in this area who has an answer machine on - no personal message of how to contact her if not on that number so I have to wait, tap fingers and see when she calls me bloody back. GP in area doesnt even have a new patient appointment to stand on some scales until 7th Nov. not a good start and it took all my energy walking there.

i got some iron tabs though so hopefully they will start to help? And I bought some fruit to replace the junk I scoff - I never liked so much sweet things in my life!! lol

Hi babe, sorry to hear you are suffering with this :(

Do you know how to do pelvic floor exercises? If so, do these 10 times 3 times a day this is meant to strengthen your pelvic muscles and help, there was 2 other exercises I had to do but off the top of my head, I can't remember what they are?! :dohh: There was one that involved lifting something with my ankles/feet about 6 inches wide or something like that the elevating my legs.......................BUT certainly not over doing it is the way to go, you have to take a back seat and let Stu do most things (this is where he comes into his own ;)) but the more weight bearing you do, the worse you will be and trust me, if you push yourself, you will be sorry!

Also, I used to get a pain at the bottom of my spine at the coccyx and that used to be hell to sit down and to stand up, but if you put a cushion or a pillow on the chair and place the back of your bum over the back edge, that makes all the difference as it takes the pressure off that area, although it is not a miracle, it does help. And have a LONG soak in the bath, but for god sake, get a seat (I think Argos do them now) as it is impossible to get out the bath without it and as Layla says, keep your legs together, that is one of the main things, no straddling at all!

Hope this improves quickly babe, I really feel for ya!!! If you wanna pick my brain, you know where I am :hugs:x

I'm just feeling crap constantly - i can't snap out of it and after everything I feel so bloody bad for moaning but its so frustrating!

I can't get things done even simple tasks like make dinner, put a wash in the machine I feel that CRAP and achey!!

I have to ring MW in this area who has an answer machine on - no personal message of how to contact her if not on that number so I have to wait, tap fingers and see when she calls me bloody back. GP in area doesnt even have a new patient appointment to stand on some scales until 7th Nov. not a good start and it took all my energy walking there.

i got some iron tabs though so hopefully they will start to help? And I bought some fruit to replace the junk I scoff - I never liked so much sweet things in my life!! lol

make sure you take it easy, your lucky, you dont have to cook dinner and do all teh jobs, get your OH to do them and you rest. some days i wish Coby was in a nursery so that i could sit and do nothing, i feel so bad for thinking that but im finding it hard to cook and clean and run around after him, but Jase takes over when he gets home so i can sit down and chill out a bit. at least it wont be to much longer now, then we can get our bodies back in shape and feel good again.

Go put your feet up! :hugs:

x

Thanks girls

Stu is out of house now Monday-Friday 9-5/6 :( Wish he wasn't but hey ho! So pretty much still me getting on with it best I can. feel bad when poor man comes home for dinner and Im sat there thinking about it :lol:

I have a ball - does this helps?

Charl, sorry hun, I've been so busy that I've only just seen this.:hugs:

I'm hoping beyond hope that you don't have SPD. As you know, I ended up on crutches because of it. I also had rib-flair (which is related to SPD) which meant I couldn't sit up for more than 20 mins at a time. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Please get yourself to the mw and get checked out. If it is SPD, they can refer you for physio and give you a support belt which will help.

The sooner you get there, the better.:hugs:

I go to see her at the clinic on Wednesday - got message this morning :D

Can they tell if I do then there and then?

I have felt better today moving around more not so exhausted so quick hopefully that doesn't bite me in the backside tomorrow lol

My mw suspected it, but it was diagnosed by the physio. She just asked me to talk through what hurt and where, and she said it was definitely SPD.

I know it's hard as you want to be able to enjoy your pregnancy, and after what you went through to get here, you feel guilty for complaining. But each pregnancy is different. You would never know I was pg with Kayleigh, but with Charlie, I hated every moment. I know I'll probably get SPD worse with my next pregnancy, and I know it's going to be hard with having a LO as well, but to me it's a means to an end. It's a few months of pain for me, for a lifetime of bringing up that child. Believe me hun, when you first see that little face, all the pain will go.:hugs:

I know it may seem like you 've got ages left, and it seems so long till she's going to be born, but think of it another way. Xmas seems soooo close, it's only a few weeks away!:happydance:

Is there really anything they can do at this stage if I do have it even mild?

What Tam said makes sense if I do have it doing 'stuff' will probably end in regret and it got worse over the period we moved. I don't seem so bad now so I would say I am struggling and having all the same going ons but not as bad as it was. I can cope with that Im looking forward to the result which helps :D

Theres a part of me that thinks shit only x many days left (54 now) but then I have a week number flash in my eyes (7.5) :rofl: BUT I had words with her you see and she promised Mummy she'd be here in 4.5 :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->