Struggling to believe..

kariss

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else struggling to believe there's a baby in there? Haha I've only done hpt..all of which were obviously positive..but that's the only proof I have. My gp didn't do any tests. I have my midwife app on tues and a provite early scan booked for the 24th!

Sickness and nausea started a few days ago...I even said to my partner I don't know if the sickness is in my head haha because I just can't believe there's a baby in me making me feel this way...

I don't think I'll believe untill I see it on the scan..so excited :happydance:

I am, even with a big bump that river dances everyday we are all so lucky xxxx

:haha: I'm glad it's normal...
Does it feel more real now for you? After scans etc? I'm really hoping after my scan I can stop worrying etc..
I just want to enjoy these 9 months and not be a crazy women lol

You are totally not alone. :)

I still keep doing tests to remind myself...I think my husband thinks I'm crazy. Lol I get bloods done tomorrow so I am praying that helps it sink in.

BTW, Congrats!!!!!:)

yes!!! i feel like there is no baby in there, but i am only about 6.5-7 weeks so its early days. I don't feel pregnant and still cannot believe it!

You've all made me feel so much better lol! I kept testing at first too but I worry to much about lines so I've stopped now! Lol

Jules hope your bloods are ok tomorrow..
Will my midwife do bloods at my app do you think?

My last pregnancy I felt like I was pregnant, and was so excited from day 1 and had everything planned! That was my first pregnancy and ended in a MC I think this time I am a lot more reserved. I'm so much more aware and so much more greatfull of this pregnancy I can't get over how lucky we are :cry:

Congratulations to everyone!!! :hugs::happydance:

I'm the same I only feel sick now and then apart from that really don't feel pregnant I swear with my first I was crying all the time lol

Thank you! :) I'm not sure if the midwife will, but you could ask\request it I would think.

Yep I sometimes think I wanted it so much I've made it all up in my head!! Soo nearly bought a hpt today but resisted. Did one last week and the line was waay stronger than the control line so hubby has banned me from doing any more!

I always think the scans/ hearing the heartbeat make it all seem much more real! Our first scan is in two weeks and I can't wait!! Xxxx

I don't really believe it yet either.
And I won't be getting a midwife appointment for probably about 6 - 8 weeks from now, so it's going to feel surreal for a while still.

Yes, it feels surreal to me, too! I keep second-guessing myself, like "am I really pregnant? or am I imagining this?" But I know I didn't imagine double-lines on two HPT's! I'm 4 weeks + 3 days, so obviously not having very many symptoms yet -- mostly fatigue, and a little nausea here and there. I'm planning to call tomorrow to set up my first appointment; hopefully things will start to seem real!

I have had 3 scans, first was at the emergency room and they told me there was a heartbeat but didn't show me, then 8 weeks had one and got pictures of the little bean with tiny nubs, still didn't feel real...just saw baby the other day wiggling around in there and still feels unreal in so many ways...took me until about 10 weeks to realize I was excited at all, I think as much as I want this baby and planned for it I have been in denial!...I really wanna start buying stuff now...lol

congrats! I didn't believe it until I saw it on the first ultrasound, and even then it took me a few days of shaking my head and blinking before it fully sank in.

I've had blood work a few times and one SUPER early scan (was already in fertility treatment so they do way early scans) and it still doesn't feel real. I'll be six weeks tomorrow and this is my first pregnancy (after almost 3 years of trying)

It's very strange. Because it feels like everything has changed, but it doesn't actually FEEL like anything has changed. I feel like I SHOULD feel like a changed woman.

I don't really have ANY symptoms (def not any that weren't already being caused by the progesterone I'm taking). But I'm still early, so I'm hoping that will change in the next few weeks.

But suffice it to say, you are DEF not alone!!

It still doesn't feel real to me. Any other time I'd be having full blown HG (severe morning sickness) by now. This time... nothing. I wouldn't even think I was pregnant had it not been the ultrasound showing a gestational sac.

I still feel like that and I'm 17 weeks tomorrow! Haven't really suffered much with symptoms, and those that I did have (nausea, sore boobs, etc), have now subsided apart from the tiredness.
I constantly forget I'm pregnant as I only have a small bump, that could easily be mistaken for having eaten too much, and I wear a lot of baggy tops too so no-one notices. Hardly anyone knows I'm pregnant so it's not spoken about very regularly, and I'm only just starting to feel Occasional movements - so I really don't feel pregnant at all, despite having had 3 scans and seen it for myself, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->