struggling to name him

lillypad123

Reaction score
How is everyone going with names, we are 26 weeks and have no idea for a name, we have a few ideas but none are 100%.
My last 2 pregnancies i had names picked by the time i was 12 weeks but this time seems so difficult.

He will be the only one to carry on my partners last name so that comes into play too.

How did you come up with you names and how far along where you when you had the name sorted?

We are having a girl, but were it a boy we had planned to name him after my husband. You could also look through some name books or websites, maybe look for names that originate in one of your cultures? Like, my husband really wants our baby to have an Italian name because that's his heritage. So we looked through all kinds of Italian and Latin girls names before deciding on one we both liked.

Our son will take DH's first name - as his middle name. But for his first name, we came up with a few (top 4-5), and every week we switch the name when we reference the baby.

So this week, we've been calling him Andrew. Last week we called him Eric. Next week we'll probably try out Nathan. lol I know it sounds funny, but when we use the name, we can see if we actually like it or not. (We both really like Eric, so that'll probably be the one. But we're still "trying out names" for now).

Good luck!!! :flower:

Lol ya middle name is sorted we using my partners first name so that was easy.
We have looked in books and websites, i just hope we figure it out by the time we come home from the hospital lol.

Oh lord, don't ask. We had an impossible time naming my son. We agreed on a bunch of girls names but it wasn't a girl.... I wanted to have two names from which to choose bug in the end we could only agree on one (I.e. HATED every other big name each other came up with) so went with that. I think it suits him and thankfully, we both still like it nearly two years later.

Which brings me to now.... Though we haven't delved into names too much yet, we are still having a tough time with boy names--and we both think we're having a boy! And the girl name we'd pretty much settled on last time DH now doesn't like. His exact words? "That sounds like a Russian figure skater" (we were watching the Olympics). No offense to Russian figure skaters.

Sigh.

Don't feel bad, this liitle guy still has no name, I think it will probably be one of two names though. I keep trying to sway DH that my favorite is what we should name him, but he isn't budging. I guess we'll see who wins in a few weeks!

We found out a couple weeks ago that we are having a little boy. We have had a boy's name picked for a few months but if he had been a girl, she wouldn't have a name until we left the hospital! HA! I like the concept of using a typical last name as a first name and using the same initials for the first and last name. I also wanted a strong but unique name. And don't pick a name that is too babyish. You want it to suit him as an adult too.

We are also using dfs first name for his middle name and he will take dfs last name so he will be Ryder Jeremy Blanton his family hates it mine loves it his family seems to hate most all things though so didn't take it personal and wouldn't have changed it anyway lol

We agreed on Isabel or Isabella a while back and have been calling her that ever since then last night DH said he had second thoughts. Our forst daughter is Olivia and I wanted something similar, plus Isabella is the Spanish or Italian version of Elizabeth which is my name. I hope he just deals with it because i honestly can't think of anything else!!

I didnt name my daughter until she was born as I am soooo indecisive. This time I had my girls name picked out but that is out the window as we are team blue! Boys names are soooo hard! I think the same things going to happen again!

We are team yellow, and no names yet. Dh has a few suggestions but nothing is grabbing me!!!

my sons name was picked before I was pregnant and agreed with in 2 hour of finding out although his other name (that oh picked) wasnt picked until after birth because hes a commitment phobe on everything

the next 4 names are already picked and agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->