Struggling to pee

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant (3rd child), I have had 3 water infections in this first trimester (but do not have one now)... question I have is does anyone else find they are struggling to pee?

I am in agony because I need a wee so bad but it won't come out, it feels like someone has sown me up :( when I can finally go it comes out in small batches... is this normal? I ever had this in the first two pregnancies.

Not sure if it's this little person's fault or if it is nothing to do with the pregnancy, any ideas would be much appreciated

Urinary retention can get very severe and you should definitely get this seen to before you end up needing a catheter - I had mild urinary retention at around where you are but I wasn't in agony :( sorry to hear that.
Do you know if you have a retroverted uterus with this pregnancy? It's possible to be caused or worsened by previous pregnancies, so you might not have had one before, or not as drastically, and that is one cause of urinary retention (and it would probably be happening at around the stage you're at).
I would say see a doctor as soon as you can. If you can't empty your bladder you risk ending up with a horrible painful and potentially risky infection. Hope you get some relief soon.

I have a retroverted uterus and had this issue in two of my previous pregnancies. It can be VERY painful anduncomfortable . You need to try and lean forward when you go. Also, if that doesn't work.. Get down on all 4 and try some yoga poses. It will help shift things around and help you to be able to go. :hugs:

Urinary retention can get very severe and you should definitely get this seen to before you end up needing a catheter - I had mild urinary retention at around where you are but I wasn't in agony :( sorry to hear that.
Do you know if you have a retroverted uterus with this pregnancy? It's possible to be caused or worsened by previous pregnancies, so you might not have had one before, or not as drastically, and that is one cause of urinary retention (and it would probably be happening at around the stage you're at).
I would say see a doctor as soon as you can. If you can't empty your bladder you risk ending up with a horrible painful and potentially risky infection. Hope you get some relief soon.

Second this - I am EXTREMELY prone to them myself so as soon as I read the post my mind said 'UTI'. IF you catch it early enough, Cranberry juice or a capful of Organic Cider vinegar in a litre of water each day can help. But, left untreated (be it home remedy or medication) it can get severe and if that happens, it requires stronger medications and a much longer course - sometimes for months.

Yes they mentioned my uterus leaning back at my 12 week scan, i mentioned struggling to go toilet they just said go doctor, I will book an app for tomorrow ty so much x

Second this - I am EXTREMELY prone to them myself so as soon as I read the post my mind said 'UTI'. IF you catch it early enough, Cranberry juice or a capful of Organic Cider vinegar in a litre of water each day can help. But, left untreated (be it home remedy or medication) it can get severe and if that happens, it requires stronger medications and a much longer course - sometimes for months.

Thanks, I have had 3 UTI in the first 11 weeks of pregnancy, I thought it was this again so I went back to my GP for them to test my urine, they said the infection has gone so then I was stressed :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"