Struggling with baby name

hans2009

Reaction score
Would you name you baby a name you love but initials you hate??

My husband and I both really like the name Devin James Hanson. Actually it's the only name we like. BUT I can't stand the thought of people calling him DJ. Any thoughts? Would you find a new name or just hope he doesn't let people call him DJ?!!

Depends on where you live I think. Where we are, people wouldn't be that likely to use DJ, so I'd go for it. But if everyone's mind will automatically go to DJ, then I might think about adding another name in between or changing the order or something...

I think if you don't call him DJ other people likely won't either. You can always correct them if they do.

I'm a DJ. Only because I told people to call me that. I wanted a nickname and my first name is pretty, but I hated that people spelled it wrong all the time.

If you call him Devin James all the time, it may be possible that DJ will catch on, but if you just call him Devin, then he'll be called Devin. However, if Devin decides he likes DJ...:)

to be honest my son is a CJ and my brother is RJ and no one calls either of them that or ever have

often most people wont even know the middle name unless its official and the it would only be shortened on letter

example: Mr. D. J. (surname)

I'd use it. My husband is David James and no one calls him DJ.

Thank you for all if your input!! Devin James it is :)

I agree that unless you refer to him as Devin James or DJ, other people shouldn't just come to that conclusion. If he gets older and prefers DJ though, that's something you'd have to accept.
My OH is an AJ and I'm not sure his parents particularly like him going by AJ but that's what he and his classmates chose as he grew older. His parents/family still refer to him as Andrew.
The only time I would re-think a name because of initials is if it turned out to be ASS, POT or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->