Struggling with bottle feeds

L&K

Reaction score
My lo was born at 26 weeks in January and is now home and fighting fit. The only problem I really have is with her feeds. She is still on the Cow and Gate disposable teats from the hospital as when she has tried any other teats she is seriously dribbling and the bib is totally soaked so worry if she is getting enough milk. Tried her on Avent ones and and a couple of other brands and this is still happening. Some days are better than others and she still has good weight gain but worrying something is wrong with the way she feeds. Has anyone else found this?

Yeah my little ones were like this (one much more than the other) & it is just something that improves with time! We use Tommee Tippee teats but we really did have to perservere with them & it took a good few months before the dribbling was under control!As long as her weight gain is good I don't think it is anything to worry about x

We had EXACT same problem here with my 27 weeker https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/196812-bottles-stuck-hospital-teats.html

Soon after we discovered the only teat she would take is NUK teats. They were brilliant. Now she's older she'll take anything though.

You can find NUK teats in Boots stores, bit you need the bottles to fit them too

Seems like a common problem - Molly had it too. We spent a fortune on differnt teats and in the end we settled on boots own make which she seemed to get on best with and persevered.

Yeah its hard to get them off of them! We took our bottles into NNU!

Thanks for all your help, thought I would let you know that I have finally managed to get Katie onto Avent bottles and teats after persevering. Still dribbling on and off but taking feeds so much better. Just wish she would put on weight a bit faster, guess we will get there eventually.

My LO had the exact same and I spent a fortune too buying different teats and think in the end i confused her too much! Unlike your LO Erin wasn't gaining weight well, she gained all the time but slowly - still does, only 10lb 8oz at 6 1/2 months! In the end we bought Dr Brown which she was better with and as the others have said just persevered - they get much less dribbly, Erin used to soak a bib and muslin and now probably doesn't even need a bib! If she's piling on the pounds its not something to worry about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->