Struggling with meat?

northern_me

Reaction score
Anyone else unable to eat meat or any form of protein? I didn't have this with DD but I immediately vomit if I eat even the tiniest speck of meat, nuts or beans. I'm just wondering if this is something that should pass or if I should expect to deal with this the whole time? When does it usually go away if at all?

ME!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of red meat to begin with, but I'm having problems choking down even the smallest bit of chicken and hot dogs are not even appetizing any more and I LOVE hot dogs. The thought of hamburgers or cooked eggs also makes me nauseous. I haven't had bacon though, I do kind of want at least a little bacon.

I was talking to my mom and grandma this weekend and they were both the same way too. My mom could smell raw meat and had to get my dad to handle it and cook it before she would even go near it. My grandma couldn't do meat either, so I think I'm hammered with genetics from both sides of my family with this particular aversion :p

Yes, with both pregnancies could not tolerate red meat........at all.....even the sight of it let alone the smell when cooking it.

With my son it lasted until around 20 weeks, with this one, I still cant stand the sight of it.

I was the opposite with DS2. I am vegetarian and kept craving steak :rofl: pregnancy does crazy things lol

Hopefully this will pass but for now try and find ways to sneak in little bits of protein, you will need it for energy. Could you stomach a smoothie with lots of fruit and some natural protein powder?

I have pork and chicken in the freezer and I just want to give it all to the dogs :|

I have been drinking smoothies with powder! Someone suggested that to me before. I'm just finding meals difficult. I feel like I'm loading on carbs and cheese in order to feel full.

I don't eat red meat or pork, but I gave up chicken 3 months ago (along with grains, sugar, and dairy) and started eating tons of veggies. Now I can barely choke down veggies and want to eat chicken almost every day.

This post made me gag. Hard.
:( me and meat used to be bffs.... Now? (Dry heaves)....

With dd I couldn't even look at a picture or hear the word. It would seem, I'm following that path again. With dd, it was 6 months before I was able to enjoy meat again....

Me! I was a big fan of red meat before pregnant, now no meat at all. Not even chicken or fish. No eggs no milk. I can't stand green veggies too. My diet now is mostly carb, a bit of veggies and lots of fruits. Oh, I can't stand the smell of meat too. The other day, dh roasted a chicken....oh my! Feel like I want to kick both dh and his roast chicken out of the house....haha.

I've gone off meat almost entirely. It doesn't make me sick, I just Do Not Want it. It started getting better, and then I overdid it and went right back off it. There's usually one or two meats that I can consider - like I might be able to manage chicken this week, and who knows what it'll be next week? The improvement started right around 12 weeks, and might have continued if I hadn't tried to eat two ribeyes a week apart ;)

If you're having trouble with alternate protein sources, too, it might be good to talk to your doctor. Maybe you can get something to help with the sickness. As to whether it'll stop for you, who knows? Some people keep their aversions all the way through pregnancy, and some get past them after the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->