stuck! bottles and breakfast

isil

Reaction score
I was giving Alasdair a bottle when he woke up but I thought it might be easier to eventually cut the bottle out (obviously when he's older) if he got used to having breakfast before his bottle.

He does eat a lot of his porridge when I give it to him first thing but he also cries before every mouthful. It seems like he can't fill himself up quick enough.

So should I just give him a bottle first before his breakfast or should I keep trying to give him breakfast first? I just want to make things as easy as possible for us all!

jessica has 2 ounces of milk to calm her down
breakfast
then a few more ounces of milk

how about trying abit of milk 1st :)

I still give Sam milk first in the mornings - I need my cup of tea before I have any food so I always expected him to be thirsty too :lol:

I do wait about an hour and a half before his breakfast after that though x

thanks both. I was waiting for about an hr before giving him brekkie. I guess that in the longrun it isn't going to matter too much as I'll just substitute bottle for beaker eventually. I definitely understand the drink before food thing. I think I'll go and make him a bottle for tomorrow morning now. It's not nice for him to cry between every mouthful...for either of us!

(can't believe I posted about this and after 2 replies made up my mind :dohh:)

glad you feel sorted hon :) i give maddi her breakfast with her bottle, so she has some bottle and then some breakfast, like we have a drink with our meal :) she likes it :)

We always give Hannah her bottle first than breakfast :)

I think Alasdair will cry if I take the bottle away from him to give him breakfast. Once he decides he wants a bottle, he is very attached to it until it's drained lol.

thats what i do give her a bottle when she first wakes then i will give her breakfast with everyone else an hour or so later and she eats and drinks both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->