Stuck for a baby name

mummy2o

Reaction score
Thankfully I'm not due for 15-17 weeks, depending on if I went as overdue with this one as I was DS, so still lots of time.

I had a name at 6 weeks and even told OH, were having a girl called Hana. So until the 20 week scan I was calling her Hana and that was that. The scan showed us a girl, but then I went off the name. So now I have no idea what to name her. I really want a Japanese name as I love the place, so Hana was a good one since its a common English name too. Although I'm open to geeky/nerd names also as OH and I are both geeks. But the only name I seem to like right now is Kaori. It seems to be stuck and I can't shift it to think of something which fits what society expects me to call her. Then again DS is called Ossian so its not the most common name in the world, but at least its Irish.

Hmm all the Japanese names I know are very different, but all have such great meanings.

-Miyuki
-Tomoko
-Maki
-Tomomi (means clear spring water)

Are you looking for something very Japanese or bearing a bit more resemblance with western names? I'm curious about what other options there are. I'll gave a look later if I remember:)

JJKCB: You would pronounce it Kah-or-ri.

Daneuse27: My OH is dead set about using an English name. He is the most racist guy I know on the planet so anything remotely different is a massive no. However, I'm going to try and twist his arm as I'm far from traditional.

what about Korey then? It's similar to what you like, yet more English and not common (that I'm aware of anyways)

I love Kaori, very unusual!
I do agree with pp though^ Kori would be a lovely compromise. X

I don't know any, but I just glanced online and found these pretty ones. Now that you've sparked the idea - I quite like Japanese names!!

Akari
Akira
Arisa
Miya
Kaiya
Kaida (means "little dragon" which is cute!)
Nori
Takara (means "treasure")
Kioko

These two are actually Hawaiian names, but I love the way Leilani & Kailani sound!

what about:

Amaya - night rain
Ami - friend
Ana - grace, favor
Anika - grace, favor
Emi - blessed with beauty
Erina - from Ireland
Gina - silvery
Karin - pure
Kaya - pure
Kira - dark
Mari - uncertain, bitter