Study on MMR and Autism Fails to Show Any Useful Results

Carley

Mama to one and pregnant
Reaction score
From the Dr. Sears website.

New Study on MMR and Autism Fails to Show Any Useful Results
Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A new study in England on 250 kids (98 of whom have autism) examined blood samples to look for evidence of measles infection in the bloodstream. They found no difference in blood antibody levels or the presence of the actual virus between neurotypical kids and kids with autism. They concluded that this study showed no link between the MMR vaccine and Autism.

While this may sound interesting and useful on the surface, these researchers failed to do a study they way it really needs to be done. The original researchers who demonstrated a possible link between MMR vaccine and intestinal inflammation, intestinal inflammation and autism, or a possible link between the MMR and autism (four separate studies – Thompson in The Lancet 1995, 345(8957):1071-1074; Wakefield in The Lancet 1998, 351:637-641; Uhlmann in Molecular Pathology 2002, 55(2): 84-90; Kushak in The Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition 2005, 41(4): 508) actually looked at either inflammation or the actual presence of measles infections in the INTESTINES of their patients with autism. I give a detailed summary of each of these studies, as well as many studies that show NO LINK between MMR and autism, on pages 255 through 259 of The Vaccine Book.

This latest study only looked at blood samples. But that’s not where measles causes any sort of problem. So, in my mind, this latest study doesn’t really help us get to the bottom of this issue.

What type of study DOES need to be done? Well, someone from a large university or medical center needs to do a large study involving many hundreds if not thousands of children and duplicate Wakefield’s and Uhlmann’s research (which only involved about 100 children). Ever since Wakefield did his research, and a few years later Uhlmann duplicated it in a larger study, and Kushak added some more clues, no one else has actually done an intestinal study that disproves their findings. No one has come up with any intestinal research that contradicts them. The only studies that have been done are ones that look at MMR and autism from other angles, such as population statistics and blood samples. I summarize all of these studies in my book.

Would someone from a large, credible, and authoritative academic institution do some useful research on this subject so that parents and doctors can stop worrying about this issue? All that’s been done so far is to criticize Wakefield and others and attack them personally, but no one has re-done their studies to prove them wrong. If anyone does find any research before I do, please let me know.

What do you all think? I'm not sure where to post this.

I read a really good book called the truth about vaccines that really opened my eyes. Kaya will only get the 5-in-1 but she won't get it until she has stopped breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->