Stunned to be here - no BFP until day of missed period!

icklemonster

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am somewhat stunned to find myself here. DH and I started TTC#2 last month. By Saturday, it was 2 days before my period was due and I got a clear BFN. DH even checked it as we were going out. I went out for my birthday that night and had too many drinks, thinking I was definitely out the race this month.

This morning, the day my period was due, I woke up feeling very sick so I thought I better test again! BFP! Clear as day! I did the test and left it on the side, jumped in the shower, and could see the line appearing through the mist of the shower door. :wacko: WTAF?! :shrug: I did another test later this morning, and again a super clear BFP.

With DD I had a decent line by 11DPO and felt dreadful, sore boobs, sick even before the test. This time no symptoms whatsoever until this morning :shrug:.

From all my reading drinking in very early pregnancy, before your missed period is extremely common as half of pregnancies in the UK aren't planned, and unlikely to have any lasting effect if beany sticks. Please please let this be a sticky bean. I know I'll blame myself if it doesn't stick. Trust me to be in the 1% who don't get a BFP at 12dpo :dohh:

Congratulations, Fx for a sticky bean.:cloud9:

I was thinking of starting a thread asking the questions you have answered. I took a test last Thursday which was 2 days before my period was due and clear BFN. On the day I was due af I woke so tired and hungry, that's all I wanted to do all day long. I still feel like that and have af like cramps but don't want test again until im a week late. I just don't feel like a disappointment even though we were not yet ttc.

I didn't get my bfp until the day after my period was due (15dpo)- and I tested every day since 9dpo lol. Oh god, all the years of trying and testing from 9dpo with FRERs, I don't even want to add up how much money I spent on those damn tests haha.

I just implanted a little late, and I'm guessing the same goes for you. Your first scan might push you back a few days or even a week, so don't worry if that happens :)

Congrats I remember you from first time round.

I was the same with drinking, I don't normally drink but with it bring Christmas I drank quite a lot. It wasn't until a few days later ( whilst I was drinking a coffee with baileys in) that I decided to do a test and it was positive! I felt so guilty but there's nothing I can do about it now.

I didn't get my bfp until the day after my period was due (15dpo)- and I tested every day since 9dpo lol. Oh god, all the years of trying and testing from 9dpo with FRERs, I don't even want to add up how much money I spent on those damn tests haha.

I just implanted a little late, and I'm guessing the same goes for you. Your first scan might push you back a few days or even a week, so don't worry if that happens :)

Wow 15DPO is v late! I'll be interested to see if my due date is changed. I'm pretty sure I ov'd on time, I wasn't officially charting, but given cm I think it was on time. I tested every day too from 8DPO to 12 DPO! I didn't even bother on 13DPO. I physically pinched myself this morning as I thought I must have been dreaming!!

Congrats all on your pregnancies xxx

Congrats I remember you from first time round.

I was the same with drinking, I don't normally drink but with it bring Christmas I drank quite a lot. It wasn't until a few days later ( whilst I was drinking a coffee with baileys in) that I decided to do a test and it was positive! I felt so guilty but there's nothing I can do about it now.

Ahh yes I see you quite often in toddlers bit and santa's bargain thread :winkwink: Congraulations too hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->