Stupid cloth nappy question....

redpoppy

Reaction score
Just put her in cloth nappies for the first time:

Was wondering, the first time you switched did the cloth nappy look RIDICULOUSLY HUGE and bulky? :blush: Or am I doing something wrong/is it the brand (wonderoos)?

:flower:

Thanks.

Edit:

I used both inserts for my wonderoo. Is that perhaps why it seems so big? I was expecting a long nap this morning, that's why I boosted it. Do you guys normally use only one insert? Baby is in the BG V3 now. :happydance: expecting a long midday nap now.

Hi honey,
I've not uses Wonderoos, so I'm not sure how bulky they are, but if it's a birth to potty, it will seem quite big. I know when I first changed, I was concerned at the bulk, especially as George was quite slim, but you do get used to it (and grow to love that big butt ;) !!)
Have you got any Itti Bitti's, as they're nice and slim.

The trouble is, due to the amount of chemicals in them, disposibles are so slim nowadays that it makes cloth seem even bigger!!

Embrace that big comfy bum!!

I don't use Wonderoos so can't really comment there.
Nappies I've found slimmest are... Mini lala, itti bitti and bambooty. The latter two are sized which helps, but the mini lala is birth to potty.
The first time in cloth I was pretty shocked at the bulk but you try a few out and get to know what suits you best. Anyway nothing wrong with a cute fat fluffy bum :)

Yes, cloth bums are big, soft cuddly things, but think how much nicer for LO!

ohhh yep they do seem huge :D I put Izzie in her Minkee Blueberry yesterday and it looked huge lol I think BG Flips are quite slim too though :D

The only ones in my stash that I've found look huge are the Little Lambs but I don't mind because they're so fluffy! Otherwise we have ittis and Flips mainly which are all really slim anyway. We started with Flips and to be honest didnt notice them being that much bulkier when we switched.

Yep Alex seemed to have a hug bum suddenly! I just put it to being used to realy realy slim sposies

It's just that when lying down she looks a little uncomfortable. But I think the wonderoos and the BG V3s are the biggest (the other two I bought to try are the bamboozles and the BG flips) so maybe I'll opt for a slimmer nappy?

i find the wonderoos huge, i also find that as i have a little boy the insert causes fit issues when on the middle rise - it kind of pokes forward iykwim :blush:
(i think its mainly because wonderoos don't have a middle rise popper like the bg's)

Q had a few sposies on whilst we were on holiday (did 50/50 as no washing facilities) i really missed his fluffy bum when he wasn't wearing cloth.

I haven't tried the wonderoos but cloth will seem that bit bigger than sposies. Some are quite huge like LL and Bambinex for instance, trimmer btp nappies include blueberry, fuzzi bunz and mini lala, for sized nappies definatly itti's. Flips are quite slim too but i really don't get the 'flip love' :blush:

Flips are definitely my trimmest fitting nappy but I tend to add a bamboo booster because I like a nappy to last 4 hours (it can be such a challenge to get him changed). Little Lambs are my bulkiest but I like it, especially now he has found his feet because it's a big soft cushion for him to fall on. He's always worn LLs since he started in cloth at 1 month old, so he's ok with the bulk. BG V3s are ok but again I add a folded bamboo booster up front. Pop-ins are pretty bulky, and IMO beyond what I consider acceptable with the dri-night booster, it's quite comic actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->