stupid comments thread.....

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Just a bit of a moan, what stupid comments have people made to you?

So far I have had " are you hoping for a girl, I hope you have a girl" my responds I actually love little boys and as a mummy of three of them I think I know I like em thanks......

Ohhh that's a big age gap, well its the one I chose to leave..... :wacko:

I have two boys and I'm dreading those comments!!!

The only thing I've really had so far was when my boss told me he "wasn't thrilled" that I was pregnant. Gee, thanks!

Yikes.

My dad pitying asked how my oh had "taken it"... I replied very well thanks he's ecstatic about becoming a dad thanks some of us do this on purpose you know!!

This is from one of my bosses at work, who is female and has had 2 children of her own....

I was about 8weeks pregnant and was having a rough day of morning sickness and she asks "Your still suffering with sickness? I thought that would of stopped now, how long does it last?"

"Im 8weeks!! I have a while to go yet!!"

Worst one is when U get someone who is jealous or something have had a few people say oh well I wouldn't get Ur hopes up till the scan anything can happen !! .. That's soo mean

I bet you wished you had a girl.

Are you going to try for a girl.

That's a short age gap is that to try and have a girl?

Wow your going to have your hands full

I got some summer clothes from next and the lady at the till said "oh heres hoping you don't have to return them"!!!!

Didn't want to tell her I had already lost one baby through miscarriage last year I was so shocked.

Another "what did you want to go do that for" from my boss when I told him I was pregnant!!!

and "My wife thinks your to old" im 39 I managed to get pregnant so obviously my body does not agree!!!! again this was my boss:dohh::dohh:

Oh I forgot when pregnant with Ds1, are you keeping it?

'Oh I bet you want a girl don't you?' (Because I have twin boys).
Well actually, we've been trying for nearly a year so any baby is fine.

My brother 'oh.. Was that supposed to happen?'

One of OH's work colleagues to him: 'is it yours?'...

Love this thread :haha:

My manager at work when I told her "was it planned?" :dohh:

And everyone in general (because I have a little boy) "I bet you're hoping for a girl aren't you?" or "if this one's a boy will you try again for a girl?" :wacko:

I got some summer clothes from next and the lady at the till said "oh heres hoping you don't have to return them"!!!!

Didn't want to tell her I had already lost one baby through miscarriage last year I was so shocked.

Another "what did you want to go do that for" from my boss when I told him I was pregnant!!!

and "My wife thinks your to old" im 39 I managed to get pregnant so obviously my body does not agree!!!! again this was my boss:dohh::dohh:

I can't believe the Next lady had the nerve to say something so negative. Stupid people.

I already get the 'you've got your hands full' comments so the ones who know we're expecting number 3 just say 'you are completely mad'. Yep, I agree with that a bit. Must be mad.

People really should keep their gobs shut!!

Comments are even worse when you are pregnant after an infant loss.
"oh well this wil help with the loss of your son"
"why aren't you excited?"
"Well at least you already have all the clothes and baby stuff you need if it's a boy"

Maybe the Next lady just meant gender wise, they can still get it wrong on occasion... :)

When I called my 80 year old Grandma to tell her the news, she had no other response except, "are you sure you are ready for that?" Even though she knew we had been trying for 10 months. I said, "nothing can prepare you for the birth of another baby." No congratulations or I am so happy for you.

All along, my family, as in my Grandma and my mother have all been saying how they can't imagine loving another child like they love our two year old. It makes me crazy and angry!

Oh god some of the things that were said to me after my son was stillborn were like knives in my heart one woman told me she knew how I felt as " her dog had died a few weeks ago..." I ended up comforting her for ten mins I left work in hysterics that day... My uncle also said at his funeral, " we will get rid of all that stuff for you don't you worry..." The thought of him manhandling my child's precious things was so upsetting... I didn't let him know how hurtful it was, he just tried to help...

Oh god some of the things that were said to me after my son was stillborn were like knives in my heart one woman told me she knew how I felt as " her dog had died a few weeks ago..." I ended up comforting her for ten mins I left work in hysterics that day... My uncle also said at his funeral, " we will get rid of all that stuff for you don't you worry..." The thought of him manhandling my child's precious things was so upsetting... I didn't let him know how hurtful it was, he just tried to help...

I understand completely. Putting all the stuff away was the hardest thing for us, it is still stashed all over the house, including the diaper bag, which is in our closet. I have had so much support, but those occasional dumb questions and comments can really take the grief up a notch that day or longer.

I understand completely. Putting all the stuff away was the hardest thing for us, it is still stashed all over the house, including the diaper bag, which is in our closet. I have had so much support, but those occasional dumb questions and comments can really take the grief up a notch that day or longer.

We kept his stuff for his brother apart from a teddy and blanket that i felt were just for him but yeah people can be so moronic.

:shock: people are unbelievable. The woman whose dog died.... wtf. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->