stupid comments thread.....

When I had my early miscarriage late last year, my brother said "Oh, I just thought you got your period"

I was expecting twins, but lost one of them, my Mum today said "At least it's easier to feed one baby"

My little brother has been the one who has been the least supportive about the pregnancy, he'll often say things like it's too soon to be looking at baby supplies, too early to use a doppler, too early for this & that. I told him we're just excited (& we've not actually bought anything, just looking, preparing!). He's such a doomsdayer & it's just awful. I don't need him to tell me all the things that could go wrong, I am more than aware! I told him we're just excited & then he ignored me for days!

Gosh, some really horrible insensitive comments said by some people :(

I've only had 2 comments which are quite lighthearted in comparison.

My Nan saying in response to my pregnancy announcement 'well it had to be soon or you'd be too old' (I'm only 32! but ancient by her reckoning lol).

And on the bus home with a male friend the other night ' are all those spots on your face because you're pregnant?' Clearly I was looking for a confidence boost in addition to my 8 pounds of weight gain haha.

My 9 year old is autistic and the one we get all the time is 'oh I bet your hoping this one is normal this time'. How I haven't punched anyone is beyond me. Especially with my raging hormones. My son is perfectly 'normal' thanks and I wouldn't change a thing about him. If this child is autistic then I'm not in the slightest bit bothered. Some people are so rude!! I wouldn't dream of saying anything so rude or offensive to anyone.

I also have an autistic child and one "normal" ehem, child I always tell people autism is easier to manage.... :thumbup:

Someone said to me today (as I'm already starting to show) "you're gonna be a big girl aren't you?"

Sigh.

I had this problem last time around. I gained a lot of weight and was ridiculed almost constantly from people leading to me being afraid to eat in front of anyone. Will NOT be standing for it this time around!

I have a friend who in previous pregnancies has addressed me as 'fatty'.

DH had a word after he heard her say that to me.

Awful isn't it? It's like as soon as you become pregnant you're automatically public property lol someone called me moon face in my last pregnancy!

I can't believe people are so rude! So sorry that some of you ladies have had some really awful comments. I can't see myself standing for anything when my time comes, I can definitely see myself calling everyone out! My bff just had a baby in January, someone asked her when she was planning to have the next one a couple of weeks after! She was like "er I've only just had this one........?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->