stupid comments thread.....

Oh god some of the things that were said to me after my son was stillborn were like knives in my heart one woman told me she knew how I felt as " her dog had died a few weeks ago..." I ended up comforting her for ten mins I left work in hysterics that day... My uncle also said at his funeral, " we will get rid of all that stuff for you don't you worry..." The thought of him manhandling my child's precious things was so upsetting... I didn't let him know how hurtful it was, he just tried to help...

I understand completely. Putting all the stuff away was the hardest thing for us, it is still stashed all over the house, including the diaper bag, which is in our closet. I have had so much support, but those occasional dumb questions and comments can really take the grief up a notch that day or longer.

We kept his stuff for his brother apart from a teddy and blanket that i felt were just for him but yeah people can be so moronic.

My husband and I have talked about what we would do if this is a boy, he absolutely doesn't want to use anything clothes, carseat, absolutely nothing. I think we may change our minds eventually, maybe. This isn't easy at all, this rainbow baby pregnancy.

Oh god some of the things that were said to me after my son was stillborn were like knives in my heart one woman told me she knew how I felt as " her dog had died a few weeks ago..." I ended up comforting her for ten mins I left work in hysterics that day... My uncle also said at his funeral, " we will get rid of all that stuff for you don't you worry..." The thought of him manhandling my child's precious things was so upsetting... I didn't let him know how hurtful it was, he just tried to help...

I understand completely. Putting all the stuff away was the hardest thing for us, it is still stashed all over the house, including the diaper bag, which is in our closet. I have had so much support, but those occasional dumb questions and comments can really take the grief up a notch that day or longer.

We kept his stuff for his brother apart from a teddy and blanket that i felt were just for him but yeah people can be so moronic.

My husband and I have talked about what we would do if this is a boy, he absolutely doesn't want to use anything clothes, carseat, absolutely nothing. I think we may change our minds eventually, maybe. This isn't easy at all, this rainbow baby pregnancy.

Its such a personal thing, I am sure you will make the right decision for you xxx

I'm fed up of the 'your gonna have your hands full'
'4 under 6 you must be mad' err ok I just love kids.
'Dont you think you've got enough on your plate already' err what business is it of yours, I'm not asking you to do it for me.

Argghhh people make me soo mad! Xx

This was the conversation we had with MIL and FIL:
DH: 'guess what'
FIL: 'you're not pregnant again are you'
Me: 'yes'
FIL: 'oh.. Was it planned?'
Me: 'YES!'

That's bloody horrible! People really suck!

havent told many people yet but I told my ex (baby's dad), who told his sister. She said to me "Again? Because you did so well the first time." arghh

Last year I learned a big lesson I put a cancer research post upon Facebook... One of the silly game ones and it was " going to be a mummy" and my cousin wrote " what again!?!" Like I have 15 kids or something.... Needless to say I am keeping baby off Facebook until they are born, keeping it our secret as long as we can...

I'm fed up of the 'your gonna have your hands full'
'4 under 6 you must be mad' err ok I just love kids.
'Dont you think you've got enough on your plate already' err what business is it of yours, I'm not asking you to do it for me.

Argghhh people make me soo mad! Xx

I have a friend who sometimes actually introduces me by telling people I am the mad one with two closely spaced children. She doesn't know I'm pregnant yet, she will freak out.

Yep, I've had similar comments to you. It's almost like saying how will you cope when they don't know that I am coping extremely well thank you and I love kids too.

That's bloody horrible! People really suck!

Yep, that's dreadful. Last pregnancy my in laws just said 'well, we're not surprised'. They knew we were planning to have more children, but it's not a very nice way to say it. Each child is an absolute blessing.

With my angel pregnancy I went through the same thing with my mom. I had a mc a few months earlier and when I told her I was pregnant she sighed and said "not again". Thanks for the support.

People suck sometimes! Those stories are awful.

I haven't had any of my own yet but the other day I was standing in line at the grocery store checkout, the lady in front of me was very pregnant and the dumb girl bagging wouldn't shut up about ohh is it a girl? my cousin had a girl, then another one, blah blah blah on and on for like 5 minutes lol. I felt bad for her.. definitely did not mention I was preggo as well lol! Not looking forward to all that ugh.

you guys want a bad one?

MY MIL when we told her we are pregnant: Are you sure? Is it going to go through the term.

I was like :O

I had really long cycles and am eager for my dating scan to find out the due date as not trusting dating from my lmp. Went for my first prenatal apt and told my sister in law about it, when I told her I didn't have my precise due date yet when she asked she told me that was "weird". Because hearing something about your pregnancy is weird is what all first time moms to be want to hear right??

With my first I told a friend I was pregnant and super excited - never heard back from her....

Then she randomly text me the day of the 12 week scan so I replied that we had just been to see the baby and all looks great etc - she replied "Shit - your keeping it?"

I blocked her!

With my first I told a friend I was pregnant and super excited - never heard back from her....

Then she randomly text me the day of the 12 week scan so I replied that we had just been to see the baby and all looks great etc - she replied "Shit - your keeping it?"

I blocked her!

:growlmad: Jealous cow! Don't worry about her what a bint!! My bff cried when I told her, she was already pregnant so it was not a fertility thing that I could understand... She is so over the top now when I speak to her, SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! No she is not! People are such idiots!!

When I meet people with my friend it's always 'yeah she's got three' and she 'on her 4th'
Like It's something small. It's a baby it's huge it's exciting, I wish everyone would stop being so judgemental.
I work, my partner works, we pay our own childcare. No one else babysits other than my mom 3 times a year. Leave me alone!! Xx

My 9 year old is autistic and the one we get all the time is 'oh I bet your hoping this one is normal this time'. How I haven't punched anyone is beyond me. Especially with my raging hormones. My son is perfectly 'normal' thanks and I wouldn't change a thing about him. If this child is autistic then I'm not in the slightest bit bothered. Some people are so rude!! I wouldn't dream of saying anything so rude or offensive to anyone.

My 9 year old is autistic and the one we get all the time is 'oh I bet your hoping this one is normal this time'. How I haven't punched anyone is beyond me. Especially with my raging hormones. My son is perfectly 'normal' thanks and I wouldn't change a thing about him. If this child is autistic then I'm not in the slightest bit bothered. Some people are so rude!! I wouldn't dream of saying anything so rude or offensive to anyone.

That is truly a dreadful comment to make.

You are very strong if you haven't hit them! That's ridiculous!

Someone said to me today (as I'm already starting to show) "you're gonna be a big girl aren't you?"

Sigh.

I had this problem last time around. I gained a lot of weight and was ridiculed almost constantly from people leading to me being afraid to eat in front of anyone. Will NOT be standing for it this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->