Stupid Dates

Firedancer41

Mom to 5 + 1 angel
Reaction score
So the :witch: just ended my first TTC cycle. I used OPKs this month, and am planning to try temping now as well. I just entered this period into a due date calculator, and if we were to conceive this cycle, the dates coincide with the 2 weeks my son was in the NICU and died.

In some of the bereavement materials I've read, it's been cautioned about conceiving 3 months after the loss for that reason. I've thought about it for awhile, and I think my intense desire to get pregnant again outweighs the the date situation. My sweet angel died on 11/30... The calculator would put me at 12/1, and I would have a repeat c, which would be about a week prior. At least with a c I would have the ability to *pick a day*; for instance, I would not choose 11/23 as that was the day we learned his EEG showed minimal brain activity (and it was also unfortunately our wedding anniversary).

Turning 37 next week just adds to my urgency to try again right away, and I feel I can't afford to postpone another cycle.

Has anyone else grappled with this sort of dilemma? I'd like to hear your thoughts...

I only have 2 dates - my due date in July and my mc - which I found out was iminent just after my birthday. I am ttcing again and if I get caught this month there is every chance my due date would be around my mc date - it doesn't put me off ttcing this month tho.

It is tricky as you don't know how you'll feel closer to the time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->