STUPID DOPPLER, not touching it until second trimester!!!!

Wishing4long

Mom and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I have been listening to my babys heartbeat since 7 weeks, every single day, twice a day. I went to the OB at 8 weeks and he picked up the baby also on the doppler he had. Two days ago which at 9w 5days, I tried for over an hour to find the baby's heartbeat, nothing...waited another two hours, took a shower, etc....tried again NOTHING. I started freaking out, I fibbed a little to my OB so he can see me and told him I had a bit of spotting(I couldnt say ohhhh I am using a doppler and this is what happened lol).

HE is such a sweet man, gave me same day appointment, went in he spent over a half hour looking for the HB and couldnt find anything, sent me to the hospital with a script for an ultrasound... by this time of course I am thinking it is over with non stop panic attacks. I got in two hours later to find bubs wiggling around and perfectly fine. WTHHHHH stupid doppler gave me nothing but a terrible day and an extra day I have to make up work :(((( NEVER AGAIN, at least not for a WHILE!!!!!

Has anyone experienced this?

That's strange! You poor thing!! Sometimes when they are that little position can change everything ... Glad baby is ok. Probably best to put Doppler away for a while xx

I've had a few scares like this with my doppler. They can be amazing for reassurance, but they can also be the total opposite of reassuring. It sometimes takes me a while to find baby's heartbeat now, and I'm nearly 22 weeks! I'm glad all is okay with your baby :) definitely don't rely on your doppler too much! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->