stupid hospital workers who dont give a care

nilllabean26

Reaction score
This will be last rant thread because if I get treated like crap again, I won't be having anymore visits to the hospital for a while. I can't take it mentally or emotionally

I went for my 12 week visit today with an OB FOR THE FIRST TIME... THE last two appointments I had I thought it was with an ob, but it was a nurse. She couldn't help me eight anything and told me I wouodnt be given any meds for my blood pressure but I would be able to see an ob... I see an ob today and wasn't even able to see my baby's heartbeat. I asked for pictures and he said no. I asked why and he told me they he only gives them out around 20 weeks. HOW RUDE!!!!!! I GOT MY FIRST ULTRASOUND AT 7 WEEKS!!!!!!

I WAS crying when unasked because I had been bleeding for the past four days and stopped last night. When I asked him why I was bleeding, he said to me "well u already bled before right?" I said yes, but never given a why. I had to ask maybe 7 times for him to tell me 25% of women bleed. He didn't help me. See my tears and comfort me. He didn't educate me.NOTHING..

he then asked me if I had sex in first tri.. I said yes a few times. He asked why? I said not while I'm bleeding ever. He said but still. Why have u had sex?I said I don't understand why ur asking me why...no knee ever told me not to. He said usually women who bleed should have sex. I said well thanks for telling me at 13 weeks. Everyone I've seen has just hugged their shoulders and not offered any help.

He then told me tl schedule an appointment with high risk so they can quickly get me on meds. I thought I would be getting meds with him.. I'm so upset right nks

I then asked to be transferred to a different military hospital on base. He told me I couldn't because they don't have high risk dept. 13 weeks and absolutely no help.first pregnancy and no help. I just tore a ligament in my knee from falling and all I have is a stupid brace. I feel like old 80 yr old who doesn't know what the heck to do...

I'm so angry that there are no other military hospitals I can go to for my pregnancy. I'm all angry and sad. I didn't even get to see my baby move and I can't believe he didn't let me hear a heartbeat.

Lastly when he checked my cervix, he made me start bleeding again. I'm in a lot of pain all over and I can't take it. If they don't treat me right in high risk, I am literally giving up. He even made me feel like crap for me telling him the Dr in er told me my cervix was swollen. He said That's not a medical terms doctors use. I said well this one did.

I am sorry that you are always treated badly by the military hospital. I would definitely report them. I was in the military for 14 years. I got out last year. Some people had issues with our hospital and people reported it. There was a huge IG inspection and many people were fired. Please, report it. Do not stand for this treatment. I know how military doctors are and about 90% can not be tolerated. They could care less. It's very sad. Anyway, I hope that things get better somehow.

Wow! How rude and insensitive! I really hope you can find someone willing to listen to you. They sound like terrible doctors. You have a right to a doctor who will help you through this. All the ones that you've seen sound like horror stories.

:hugs:

If you're in the US, can you switch to Tricare Standard so you can see a civilian practice? It will mean more out of pocket, but at least you will hopefully find someone that you're comfortable with. Definitely complain though, you probably aren't the only woman he's treated this way. The hospital can't fix problems unless they know about it!

I am really sorry for the crappy experiences you have been having. That sucks. I do want to mention that this:
Lastly when he checked my cervix, he made me start bleeding again..

cannot be helped. If a doctor is poking and prodding around your cervix, it's highly likely you will bleed a bit. I was fortunate and did not during my last exam, but it is very common for it to happen.

I only say this in case you do decide to complain to someone, that if this is mentioned it is not going to be given much consideration, it is par for the course.

Hugs to you.

I wish he would've warned me or told me I might bleed. He just said he can't see say blood. I stand up when he leaves and gush... not fun to not know or get a heads up. Instead he was a rude bafoon who kept mocking what I told him another Dr said to me. I would've appreciated even if he said. U weren't bleeding when I first checked, but after the prodding, u are spotting a bit.

And I shouldn't have to ask over five times what could be the cause of me bleeding. Every nurse and tech who has found something wrong has said wait until u talk to ur ob. Still got nothing. Being told OK have sex with the same information given and being told I shouldn't have. Being told it was OK I stopped all my medication to being told I shouldn't have. Too much to even go down the list. They Also keep lying to me. My first appointment with an ob was supposed t OK be 8 weeks. They scheduled me twice with a nurse. The first week I saw her, I even said. Ur the first ob I have seen. It wasn't until the n ed cramping week I saw her she finally told me she was only a nurse because she wasn't able to answer any of my questions. It wasn't a day before my first appointment with them where they wouodnt let me see anyone because they wanted to wait for me to miscarry even thought my hch levels were doubling. The kept changing my appt. My hubby will call and complain tomorrow. I am not being helped or informed.

Lying to me a out only getting ultrasounds at 20 weeks. Denying me. is that OK?

They knew I needed bloood pressure Med from day 1. Why avoid sending me to high risk dept? Why keep lying and scheduling me with nurses? It doesn't help that I'm stupid and in pain. and out of it to even check them. I just trust em. Never thought stuff like this would happen.
I am really sorry for the crappy experiences you have been having. That sucks. I do want to mention that this:
Lastly when he checked my cervix, he made me start bleeding again..

cannot be helped. If a doctor is poking and prodding around your cervix, it's highly likely you will bleed a bit. I was fortunate and did not during my last exam, but it is very common for it to happen.

I only say this in case you do decide to complain to someone, that if this is mentioned it is not going to be given much consideration, it is par for the course.

Hugs to you.

Whoa o_O Which base is this?? I'm getting little help with this base we are at too, but it's a remote base in Turkey so I kinda expected it. No quantitative test or anything.

I called patient advocacy to complain, after my referral wasn't sent to high risk. The doctor was on the computer telling me he was putting it in. I got a call back later from advocacy telling me the reason no appt was set was because I wasn't high risk. I said Wat r u talking about . I'm tired of u people. I told her about the nurse talking to me about induction and not education me at 12 weeks..to the ob I saw two days ago, to my first er visit at 4 weeks.

She told me I was lying because at 4 weeks, the er doc put in orders for labs to get hch tested, so she knee I was going to have a valuable pregnancy. I told her don't dare call me a liar again. And what she was saying was a lie. For 7 weeks they told me I would miscarry, and the hch was to make sure my levels went to 0 which they didnt

She Also called the ob from two days ago. He denied not letting me hear the heart beat because every machine in that dept has a sound monitor. He Also said I didn't ask for a picture. She told me nothing was in his notes, so there is nothing I can do. And everything I'm saying might not be true.

She kept telling me to go to er. I asked. What is er going to do for me in terms of getting answers? When I have gone, they weren't helpful. When I did bleed, they weren't helpful. She said it was my fault for not requesting to see an ob at the er.

So my hubby put in orders for a new hospital, but I will have to see a primary care doctor first. Then a nurse. Then an ob. Then high risk. So I won't be seen or get answers or medication for another month and a half.

I thought I was a strong person, but right now I feel so weak and helpless. I feel really depressed and scared. I'm home alone all day and it's hard to push myself to eat n drink. I'm so lost.

I don't feel pregnant and I'm not enjoying this. This is very ungrateful of me I know. But I'm losing connection the more and more time goes by and they tell me I'm high risk and don't help me or educate me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->