Stupid midwife didnt impress me at all !!

What the..??!?! I REALLY wonder sometimes how people like that get into the medical profession!?!? yeesh...
sorry to hear about it hon, makes me glad we dont' really use midwives here... I've got my comfy ol' old man doc and that never changes :)
:hugs: hope you don't meet her again!

Sounds like she had a pretty poor people skills! Of course it's rubbish that you can't hear the HB on a doppler at home at this stage, as proven by all the women who do!

I think MWs are taught to advise people not to use dopplers, as my mother in law advised me against getting one too. I know there are good medical reasons for that, they don't want women putting all their faith in something that ultimately they have very limited experience of.

I'm not surprised by her attitude to the private scan tbh. Sounds like she really didn't handle that well, she could have explained her reasoning to you without completely disregarding your experience of it.

grrrr what a nightmare, i would have been a right arse to her. well put your bloody doppler there and then tell me its too bloody early to hear it at home!!! learn how to use your "medical equipment" and then i wont have to tell you moron!

as for the sexing scan throw in a - "Do girls have a scrotum and penis at this stage then?" what a spanner grrr rage!

x

Ohhh the made me giggle lol , Esp the scrotum remark :rofl: .
Iam looking forward to the scan in 11 days with the nhs so i can go back and say see told you sooo ner ner ner ner lol (Ok maybe a little more mature than that lol) .

Shifter hun i agree compleatley .. It wasnt so much what she said but the way she said it that god my angry .
I know Midwifes are not aloud to promote self use of Dopplers at home, But honestly was just trying to help by pointing out to her where the beat was the night before .. And saying its too early was just plain silly lol .
The thing was a private scan was a present from my Nanna (Who paid) . So i hated the fact she tried to make me feel it didnt mean a thing , The sonographer at the private scan showed me his Degrees etc on the wall he was very qualified wich she seemed to think it wouldnt of been at a private one.
But yes i agree compleatley hun its the way she said it her people skills were quiet bad !!. If she was 50 i would of expected as my mum calls it "Old school" Midwife but she was younger than me lol.
Thanks for the comments girls , Today it just makes me giggle not angry lol. xx .

I can't stand people who think their textbook answers are the ONLY answers, or that just because we're not medically trained, we don't know how to find a heartbeat. I know the difference between my own and a baby's! I'd have told her that either I'd found the baby's heartbeat, or I was having some serious problems. Some of them just make me want to scream, 'I'm having a child, it does not mean you need to treat me like one.'

aww hun im so sorry she was such a cow bag some people get on a power trip sometimes hopefully ur nxt 1 will be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"